PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help!!!! Tuning Question Inside....

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
more or less.... im sure Jason can hook you up, but your better off having the car there so they can monitor all your parameters to see what changes need to be made or find someone with efi to log it for you and send it to them. I know Jason uses edit, so he has to be using efi to log.
well jason is the one who has handled the mail order tune for me this whole time, so hes already seen the computer twice. what if the MAF was just bad, could i swap another MAF in its place for it, or put a new one in it? Would the car then need to be re-tuned for the new MAF or should it be fine? I just wish the car was running as good as it was when the MAF wasent in the car!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Unless you are getting a killer deal on a dyno tune, I'd spend the money on EFILive or HPT. It's only a few bucks more and you can tune your car however you like whenever you like.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

you could swap it out and see if that make a difference, but i suggest you clean it first. Jason is a cool dude. Find someone in the area with efi, have them log your idle, do a pt throttle run (2500 rpm in 4th gear) about 55mph. and a WOT. send them to him so he can see what your car is doing.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Unless you are getting a killer deal on a dyno tune, I'd spend the money on EFILive or HPT. It's only a few bucks more and you can tune your car however you like whenever you like.
but he'll need a dyno for his WOT tuning. besides, if he's already spent the $$ on a tune, he shouldnt rush to get new software..
Old 08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Teching In

you could swap it out and see if that make a difference, but i suggest you clean it first. Jason is a cool dude. Find someone in the area with efi, have them log your idle, do a pt throttle run (2500 rpm in 4th gear) about 55mph. and a WOT. send them to him so he can see what your car is doing.

yeah im gonna clean the thing first, see what happens. Then if i need to swap it out see if that helps. Then i guess if non of the above works, ill have to try and find someone with efi. I so dont have the extra cash for a dyno tune, thats why i am against it at this time. And with them telling me the car runs fine without the MAF, but not good with it, i am sure a dynotune wont solve the problem. Somethign is probably just screwed up with the MAF whether it needs to be cleaned or not.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

but he'll need a dyno for his WOT tuning. besides, if he's already spent the $$ on a tune, he shouldnt rush to get new software..
True, but a dyno can be rented for about $75/hr (if you don't use edit, you can get a few passes in an hour)

FWIW
I decided at the last minute to pay for a tune instead of buying my own software. After the tune, i knew i had made a mistake. i went back a few times so they could get right and they never did. Basically I blew $400 on a tune for nothing. Noobie mistake on my part.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

You probably need to recalibrate your MAF table (see the MAF thread for "why" ) to make it all good again.

Before you decide whether or not to get a dyno tune, do some more searching. Worst thing you can do is make an un-informed decision.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
True, but a dyno can be rented for about $75/hr (if you don't use edit, you can get a few passes in an hour)

FWIW
I decided at the last minute to pay for a tune instead of buying my own software. After the tune, i knew i had made a mistake. i went back a few times so they could get right and they never did. Basically I blew $400 on a tune for nothing. Noobie mistake on my part.
well thanks for the input. i woul dhave gone crazy spending $400.00 for a dynto tune only to have the same problems. imo, it has to be the MAF, somethign wong with it, whether to be cleaned or replaced. dont make sense to run great without, not good with.