Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what the heck is wrong now!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what the heck is wrong now!

drive to work fine. go to start it up to leave and it wont start. it fires up and dies. give it some gas, let it idle to 1200ish, let off the pedal and it dies. check all the vaccuum lines i can, and all seems tight. still wouldnt stay running. i pulled the pcm fuse and tcs bat (been having some wierd idle problems thats related to the tcs i think, so i went ahead and pulled the full anyways). waited a couple mins, started it up, and it started "ok". seemed to idle real low, but it was idling, could be the relearn <shrug>

drive home and on the expressway if i let off the gas it would idle back down to 900? usually it stays up to 1200+ if im coasting or something. wouldnt stay idling at stoplights once i got off the expressway. i got it in the garage and that was it.

what the heck could be wrong now? only vaccume line that could be loose that i couldnt get to are the ones for the trans. the T adapter and the one on the actual trans. it didnt seem to really be shifting funny though <shrug>, seemed more like the engine acting up cause a loss of pressure somewhere. car did not seem to be down on power.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Scanned it? IAC count real high?
Old 09-03-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Junkie

i didnt have a laptop at work. and im sick of trying to find out whats wrong all the time, although i have the autotap cable permantly attached. i cant believe it would just spring a vacuum leak durring the 8 hours i was at work.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Teching In

could be your MAF sensor.

http://camaross.com/forums/printthread.php?t=330466

Jeff