Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb needs help with SD tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newb needs help with SD tuning

Just got my wideband O2 installed and ready to start tuning. Done a ton of searches and read a lot of threads on here and LS1tech, and I think it's just gotten me more confused. So turning to yall to help walk me through this process.

Car: 2000 SS, cam, most bolt ons. MAF is unplugged and no intentions of ever plugging it back in. Reason behind this is the car has been throwing a maf low frequency (think that is what the code was for) for some time now, even after swapping out mafs. Obviously the problem lies elsewhere and I'd rather just be done with the MAF all together and move on.

Tuning software: LS1 Edit, ATAP, wideband O2. No logging capabilities in conjunction with other data. Have LC-1 model, so won't be able to independently log rpm/O2 together.

Now, what exactly do I need to log, and what tables do I need to make adjustments too? With the knowledge that I do not intend to go back to a MAF, should I run OL all the time? If so, how do I ensure that the PCM stays in OL? Sure I'll have a million questions as times goes on, but any assistance yall can provide to get me on my way would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you really need a better scan tool. check out www.efilive.com and the link in my sig
Old 09-24-2005, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would agree with TAQuickness. You need to log AFR with RPM and MAP. It would be best to trade in the LS1 Edit/ATAP for HP Tuners or EFILive. At least with HP Tuners, the EIO function will work with the LC-1 and allow you to datalog the AFR. I would start in SD and in open loop. Tune the VE using the wideband. This is where the MAP and RPM need to be logged with AFR. Otherwise, you will not know what cell to adjust.