PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT 1.7 up to 2.0, cable questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPT 1.7 up to 2.0, cable questions...

Was just wondering, if I fork over 650 for the new HPT which is out now, guessing 1.7, how is this going to effect me when 2.0 comes out. I believe the cable will need to be updated to get 2.0's full abilities? If so, am I gonna be charged, or am I better off waiting a few months till it comes out?

Also, is there programming yet for the C6's? My friend has one, and really the only other car i can think of adding to my 2002 WS6...

any ideas? Or do I have to choose a second car right away?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can email sales@hptuners.com and i beleive hold off on your second vehicle temporarily...for c6 tuning you'd need the new hardware...2.0 is only a software upgrade though & works with the current existing units. Personally if your friend is gonna give you a few bucks for buying the license for his car I would wait until the new hardware is available. If you think you just wanna keep one license on the back burner 1.7 is very good software & 2.0 only makes it better & should be out very soon.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are tuning an LS2/7 (with CAN protocol) then you should wait for the V2.0 hardware. Otherwise if you are wanting to tune your LS1/6 there is no need to wait for V2.0, you will get it for free when it is released. There is nothing special about the new cable in regards to LS1/6 tuning (besides not needing a serial --> USB adapter).
Old 10-03-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
If you are tuning an LS2/7 (with CAN protocol) then you should wait for the V2.0 hardware. Otherwise if you are wanting to tune your LS1/6 there is no need to wait for V2.0, you will get it for free when it is released. There is nothing special about the new cable in regards to LS1/6 tuning (besides not needing a serial --> USB adapter).
Yeah, that's the problem. If I want to save the second tune option for a new C6, then it sounds like I need new hardware (cable) to do this. Same token, is the new cable cross platformed with the Ls1?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the NEW UNRELEASED cable will be ALL CAPATIBLE meaning gm, ford, & chrysler from what i know...the old cables can only be used with gm's