PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Both Front O2's Sitting Around .450, why??

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both Front O2's Sitting Around .450, why??

I just put a scan tool on my brothers 98 camaro. Both front O2's are staying at .450 to .435 we have checked the fuses and the wires, what else could make them read that way? I have done some research and I am pretty sure they are supposed to vary b/t .100 to .900. I can understand the passengers side one being messed up since it burnt one time and we had to splice the wires but the drivers side has never been messed with. What could possibly be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. I have tried new 02's.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 10-04-2005, 08:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check for cut or burnt wires on both of them...if they are new o2's its probably not the sensor themselves.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have o2 sims? Are you sure the sims were installed correcty on the rear o2 harnesses and not the the front. Sims hover around 450.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you can check the harness with a multimeter.... I had to have a friend show me how to do it, but one should have power, two should be grounds and one is signal I think. I'm not an electrical genius so you'd have to have someone more knowledgable speak up. I believe you can check the grounds in the wiring harness by puttin one end of the meter on a power source and the other to the ground wire and if its grounded properly you'll get current reading. Also, if you spliced it make sure you didn't mix the wires up, if you splice the power to the signal, etc, it could do what your talking about.

In my case, it was a bad O2 extension tha had wires crossed from the factory, had symptoms exactly like yours.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

were both your wires messed up Bombguy99z28? I think its strange for both sets of wires to have gone bad. Not saying they arent bad just seems strange. I wil reseach how to check wires with meter,I looked at them where I could but thats not saying much,I guess. Thanks to those helping!