Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Density tunes

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Density tunes

Anyone ever run into this one? Did a speed density tune last night (over the top of someone else's tune). Started with LS1Edit, got frustrated, and switched over to EFILive. Followed the normal procedure to a T. The problem is, if you physically unplug the MAF the car will only idle -- if you touch the throttle, it cuts all spark. As in turn-off-the-key no spark. Plug the MAF in, car runs fine.

PCM is a 2001 F-car in a race car.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well as you know pulling the MAF will default you to the low octane table...Any chance that it got zero'd out on accident?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nope, figured it out - mistakenly had the MAF tests set to not run
Old 10-06-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Brains, do you have a MAF I can borrow for a few minutes one day? I need to see if mine got hosed. I know I need injectors, but the damn thing has + LTFT's at idle that won't go away. I don't think my VE at idle should be 79%.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I have one sitting on the shelf.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where do you live again? I tried SD this morning on the way to go sign up for U of H. My LTFT's went from the normal +25% to -8.6% at idle. No wonder I could NEVER get it correct. POS! Now that I have the MAF and IAC unplugged, I'm doing better. I would still like a MAF for days where the weather is all over the place because my IAT's are erratic in Houston traffic. Now I know why i was hitting 103% VE at 1200 rpms. How much do you want for me to borrow it? My black *** might go to the pawn shop with it.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DramaFoYoMama
Where do you live again? I tried SD this morning on the way to go sign up for U of H. My LTFT's went from the normal +25% to -8.6% at idle. No wonder I could NEVER get it correct. POS! Now that I have the MAF and IAC unplugged, I'm doing better. I would still like a MAF for days where the weather is all over the place because my IAT's are erratic in Houston traffic. Now I know why i was hitting 103% VE at 1200 rpms. How much do you want for me to borrow it? My black *** might go to the pawn shop with it.

Go get you some electrical parts cleaner and get that bish cleaned up...It will probably fix your problem
Old 10-06-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've done that twice already. I think it got fucked way back when oil shot up on it through the intake. Yeah, I've had some issues...... I'm just going to do SD for now but need a MAF to confirm everything when I get done. On average, I drive like a grandpa and don't go over 7% on the TPS, so I just need to get my low MAPS in order. Does anyone know of a good 85mm OD pipe that is precut and smooth that I can replace my MAF with? I have the stocker but figured I mine as well get a larger diameter tube. With the screen on there and not being used, it's just holding back airflow.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

You can't remember where I live? I guess that's why I still have my TV set. You know you can't trust a black man with anything. Probably pawn it, and go buy some crack and then rob the liquor store -- and it all starts with the loan of a mass air meter.

I'll PM ya my info, I'll be home around 6:00'ish if you want to stop by tonight
Old 10-06-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please have all your car key sets available at the front door. Also if you could label them for my convenience, I would really appreciate it. You're like my crack dealer anyway. You have any part I need readily available. If I go down, I'm taking you with me. If you have an O2 sensor I could buy off you, that'd be great. I bought a brand new Bosch sensor about 2 months ago. If it were a person, it'd be black because it's lazy as hell. The original one doesn't oscillate that great, but it works better than the new one. I knew I should have never gave my back O2's away. Oh well, at least someone got some use out of them for a couple years.