PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Do it yourself tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:02 AM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
It really depends on your preference. I have done both and prefer SD over having a MAF. Car feels more responsive. IMO, even if you want to keep the MAF, you need to tune the car without it at first to get the VE table dialed in and then re-calibrate the MAF afterwards.

So then you do need that capability then?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBX
So then you do need that capability then?
As far as I am concerned, yes it is very imperative.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Launching!

I'm still trying to figure out HPT... I'm just a little too worried about blowin something up so I have'nt really gotten too far.... Always looking for help though = )
Old 10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Its pretty hard to blow up an N/A car, forced induction is another story. Search around on LS1 tech, there is tons of good info. I could summarize but it has been done already. However I based the majority of what i did off wideband my wideband 02 sensor, both during street tuning and of course WOT.

My setup neted 630 rwhp, with a D1SC procharger.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Firehawk853
Its pretty hard to blow up an N/A car, forced induction is another story. Search around on LS1 tech, there is tons of good info. I could summarize but it has been done already. However I based the majority of what i did off wideband my wideband 02 sensor, both during street tuning and of course WOT.

My setup neted 630 rwhp, with a D1SC procharger.
There is still more in your combo Chuck

My suggestion would be find someone who tunes and is friendly and is willing to help you. It might be very tuff because a lot of people charge big money for tuning but there are a few out there. Just research and read, read, read, and make small adjustments
Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Learning to tune can be frustrating at times but also very rewarding. I've gotten to the point where I can nail VE tables and MAF scaling very quickly, but that took over a year and working on about 15 cars. The information is out there in laymans terms, and it isn't very complicated to do a basic tune even as a newb. Its the trouble shooting that can get frustrating, but thats why we have this forum.

I would say go for it, its much more rewarding to have the power at your fingertips than it is to have to call someone up to work on your car anytime you change anything on it.