PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question about hp tuners..

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about hp tuners..

ok i finally got my hp tuners..i know absolutely nothing about it...anyways my car has been tuned by someone else before i bought it..and its a good tune..i just want to correct a few kinks and i for sure dont want to lose the current tune..my question is when i pull the info from the pcm to look at the current tune, does that automatically put the pcm back to stock? what do i need to do to ensure i dont lose the tune? i guess just pull it up and save it right after i do that? and after i edit the tune a little do i need to save it each time? cause im sure im gonna have to edit it alot..
Old 11-01-2005, 04:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.3litre
ok i finally got my hp tuners..i know absolutely nothing about it...anyways my car has been tuned by someone else before i bought it..and its a good tune..i just want to correct a few kinks and i for sure dont want to lose the current tune..my question is when i pull the info from the pcm to look at the current tune, does that automatically put the pcm back to stock? what do i need to do to ensure i dont lose the tune? i guess just pull it up and save it right after i do that? and after i edit the tune a little do i need to save it each time? cause im sure im gonna have to edit it alot..
it will pull your current tune...it doesnt put anything back to stock...just save the tune & start modifying it...but save your current tune to a secure place so you dont lose it. Then modify it and rename it.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok cool thanks