Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT's & P0174

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTFT's & P0174

Well every so often my car likes to throw the PO174 DTC (Lean Bank 2). It has done it twice in 13,000 miles or so. Recently the DTC occured again. I went to have it pulled at Autozone and without asking me the guy cleared it. I called the dealer and they said the wouldnt touch it until the light lit again. Well, naturally, the code has not occured in the last 200 miles or so.

Recently I purchased a Predator to do some basic tuning with down the road. The last week or so Ive been watching the LTFTs since higher LTFTs (>23% if memory serves me right) cause P0174. Ive noticed that at idle both banks are @10% LTFTs w/ bank two always a few percent higher than 1. During closed-loop crusing it is between 10-14% or so. This is all on the stock tune w/ catback only. Under heavy throttle I am at about 7-10%. What do you guys make of these #s. By the way ... I think I saw .09 of KR a few times, but 99.9% of the time KR is 0.

I also did some datalogging on a bone stock '04 GTO like mine, only without the catback. During open-loop cruising his car was 3-5% LTFT, with LTFTs @ -1 to 1% under hard acceleration. I have checked all the obvious culprits of this code (vaccum leak, dirty MAF, ERG, air leak b/w the MAF and TB, etc...). I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys on this ... Thanks!

Last edited by indygoat; 11-12-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also continue to notice a weird smell coming from my exhaust after a hard run, I cant help but think I may have a clogged cat.

Last edited by indygoat; 11-13-2005 at 06:01 PM.