PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about HPtuners 2bar stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question about HPtuners 2bar stuff...

i already did a search, i just had a question i cant seem to find the answer to.

in a stock LS1 setup, theres a injector size lookup table that uses the manifold pressure to find the "current injector size".

in the Hptuners 2bar setup, does this table extend out to include positive manifold pressure?

also, from the guys using it, how do you like it compared to the other options out there? for some reason, the guys using it dont seem to post about it much... im looking to put it on a turboed street car.. and id like to keep daily driver reliability/driveability. any hidden snafus?
Old 11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no, they do not extend that table.

Ryan
Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my best guess is it uses the last IFR value. That and the extended ve table will get the car dialed in
Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by slow
no, they do not extend that table.

Ryan
that SUCKS.

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
my best guess is it uses the last IFR value. That and the extended ve table will get the car dialed in
yea, im sure thats what they do.. but modifying the VE table to compensate for the injector mis-sizing is not the way it was meant to be used..

see, the fuel system in this car will support more hp then the rest of the motor will hold... only problem is its referenced by the atmosphere at the back of the car.
if i want to run a standard vac ref regulator up front, id have to run a return line way back up there.. no big deal, but redoing the fuel lines, adding a regulator, and misc parts underhood gives a cluttered effect.. i know mixing "show" and race together is always a compromise, but i was really hoping to just toss some 60lb injectors in, and have more then enough room to grow, even with the injectors shrinking from the pressure..

ah well, im sure i can still make it look neat.
thanks for letting me know. there isnt alot of info on whats different between the 2bar and stock online.....

if anyone knows of any good threads, please link me.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 PM
FormerVendor

we didn't extend it because a) no one has flow numbers for positive pressure and b) most people either change the fuel pressure or run a vac reg.

Also, most people get confused enough with Power enrich, Boost enrich, Openloop EQ and VE table without adding an extra bunch of zero's into the fueling equation

I know its not how it's meant to be used but the side effects are minimal.

The basic additions for 2bar over the stock OS are:
- 2bar VE table
- lose secondary VE table (if applicable)
- additional boost enrichment table
- boost enrich/closed loop enable/disable thresholds
- dual spark table function enabled

We also just changed the single vehicle price to $199 where you get 2bar & 3bar for that.

Cheers,

Chris...
Old 11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

I can vouch for the 2 bar setup it work great. Tuned a few cars already with it.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by gameover
we didn't extend it because a) no one has flow numbers for positive pressure and b) most people either change the fuel pressure or run a vac reg.

Also, most people get confused enough with Power enrich, Boost enrich, Openloop EQ and VE table without adding an extra bunch of zero's into the fueling equation

I know its not how it's meant to be used but the side effects are minimal.
yea, i know what you mean about extra variables.. but still, using the exisiting known tables, and then figuring out the delta pressure, you could easily have it close on the first try.. but i gotcha.

so is what he said true? can i just compensate for the "pressure drop" under boost by adding VE (and thereby adding fuel.....) or is there a downside to it?
im not exactly positive if modifying the VE in the upper end of the table(boost area) has a effect on anything related....
Old 11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
FormerVendor

yeah, the VE table can compensate for the fuel side. The injector flow rate will use the 0 VAC value when in boost.

Chris...

Quick Reply: question about HPtuners 2bar stuff...