Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

undefined??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default undefined??

i was just wondering if anybody new what the code p1416 it came up in my reader as undefined,pulled all of these from my camaro and i expected two of them but this one i could not figure out... the other two were for p0405 for the egr valve(removed) and ther other was p0410 for the secondary air injection(removed)
Old 11-15-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

During the AIR test, the PCM activates the AIR pump during closed loop operation. When the AIR is activated, the PCM monitors the HO2S voltages and monitors the short-term fuel trim values for both banks of the engine. If the AIR system is operating properly, the HO2S voltages should go low, and the short term fuel trim should go high.

If the PCM determines that the HO2S voltages for both banks did not respond as expected during the tests, DTC P0410 sets. If only one sensor responded, the PCM sets either a DTC P1415 for bank 1 or P1416 for bank 2 in order to indicate on which bank the AIR system is inoperative.
From the Helm CD.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see, thanks for the help, i was hoping that it was something along those lines, my freind owned the camaro before me and took all that stuff out and used the ls1 edit to get rid of the codes but since he returned the car back to stock(now that i own it, it wont stay that way for long..) the computor started throwing codes.