Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD Tuning & MAF

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 09:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SD Tuning & MAF

My car has the IAT sensor built into the MAF. If I would want to complety remove the MAF can I just purchase a IAT from earlier year C5's that did not have the IAT built into the MAF. You could then splice into the wires running to the maf and wire in a standalone IAT. Would this work? Anyone know what wires to splice into?
I would like to remove the air restriction the maf creates and see if I pickup any power as a result.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Dont need to disconnect the MAF at all. Just leave it connected and in your tune file, change the MAF FAIL FREQ from whatever the current number is (probably 13500 or 12500) to 0. Upload the tune and it will be in SD mode, simple as that. If you disconnect the MAF like you said you disconnect the IAT sensor and the car instantly goes into Reduced Power Mode and its barely driveable.

Dixit
Old 11-18-2005, 10:05 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dixit
Dont need to disconnect the MAF at all. Just leave it connected and in your tune file, change the MAF FAIL FREQ from whatever the current number is (probably 13500 or 12500) to 0. Upload the tune and it will be in SD mode, simple as that. If you disconnect the MAF like you said you disconnect the IAT sensor and the car instantly goes into Reduced Power Mode and its barely driveable.

Dixit
Yes, I know that I can just set the MAF Fail Freq to 0, but I want to complety remove the maf from the car. I have a 85mm maf and a 90 mm FAST Intake/throttle body. I just want to see if I remove the resriction the maf creats in the air bridge, will I pick up some power. There is a thread over on the other forum that suggests this theory.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...9&goto=newpost
Old 11-18-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry I misread your post. You can completely remove it. I believe Synergy did this and shows that they picked up about 10 more hp from no MAF/restriction at all. They did the same as you suggested in using an earlier year intake sensor to keep that part alive.

Dixit