Sponsored by:

ls1 edit ????'s maps etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 edit ????'s maps etc.

I have not read much on lt1 edit so I am not sure so here goes:

If I buy LS1 edit when available for my 99 ss can I have someone like Thunder racing make a few MAPS on the dyno...ie one for 93 octane, 104 and one for N2O, and then me(as I learn)make my changes?

I have used a power commander for a motorcycle that is easy to use, but I am not sure about LS1 edit, The bike thing only consists of a chart with rpm and %throttle and you go in and add subtract fuel/timing for each rpm. Is this similar to LS1 edit?

I know Thunder can program with their "un-locked" version...but can you save different maps etc. for different applications?
Old 01-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: ls1 edit ????'s maps etc.

It is possible to have someone dyno tune your car with LS1 Edit. You can save any Flash files you want on your computer, then Flash the PCM with the file you want.

As far as adjustments, it is more complex than your motorcycle tuner. Although there are quite a few tables to work with, you can leave 90% of them untouched if you don't feel safe about what you are doing untill you learn more! Thing is its all up to you on what you want to do with the tools that are available.

Ryan