Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can MTI do for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What can MTI do for me?

I'm getting my stage 2 heads and C1 cam in 4 weeks. If I send my computer to them can they do more than just raise my rev. limiter, raise idle, and delete EGR? Can they actually adjust my tuning for my new combo without the car being present? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
Old 03-08-2002, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: What can MTI do for me?

[quote]Originally posted by NastySS00:
<strong>I'm getting my stage 2 heads and C1 cam in 4 weeks. If I send my computer to them can they do more than just raise my rev. limiter, raise idle, and delete EGR? Can they actually adjust my tuning for my new combo without the car being present? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Paul</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would call them Paul.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

For all model years they can still send out the PCM for their custom tuning.

For 1999s and 2000s they can also use LS1 edit. What else, besides the things you mentioned, are you wanting done?

FWIW, I have a 2001 A4 with their programming and my car idles poorly and sometimes hits the rev limiter. I have taken it back and they sent the computer back out for retuning and the results were pretty much the same. I am in the process of reflashing my PCM for a 2000 and then using LS1 edit to correct my problems.

In your case with a 2000 car, you should have better results.

On the

ls1 edit site

there is an LS1 edit user guide that you can download and look at all the parameters that can be changed with LS1 edit.

I was told by MTI that there are things that LS1 edit cannot change, but can be changed by using MTI's non LS1 edit custom tuning (where they send the PCM out).

You can also email Jayson, MTI's owner, at JaysonMTI@aol.com for more specifics.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I'm gonna give MTI a call. I appreciate your input.

Paul