PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

A Question on Shift Firmness

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002 | 07:13 AM
Launching!

Default A Question on Shift Firmness

It looks like the HPP3 allows you to adjust the shift firmness for EACH SEPERATE gear, but LS1-Edit only allows settings for all shifts. Anyone know how to adjust seperate shift firmness on the A4 using LS1-Edit?
Old 03-20-2002 | 08:06 AM
Pathological Modifier

Default Re: A Question on Shift Firmness

I imagine that the HPP3 decreases the shift time and raises the line pressure. You can also do that in LS1Edit. As far as shift time, Mine is set for zero and my line pressures are mostly left alone.

Ryan
Old 03-22-2002 | 08:34 PM
Launching!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Vettepartz:
<strong>It looks like the HPP3 allows you to adjust the shift firmness for EACH SEPERATE gear, but LS1-Edit only allows settings for all shifts. Anyone know how to adjust seperate shift firmness on the A4 using LS1-Edit?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Hypertech adjusts firmness settings for all shifts, not each separate gear. The Hypertech allows you to adjust the shift point for each gear, but firmness adjustments affect all gears equally.
Ed
Old 03-23-2002 | 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ryan Karasek:
<strong>I imagine that the HPP3 decreases the shift time and raises the line pressure.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The HPP3 doesn't do anything with shift time. Just line pressure.

Quick Reply: A Question on Shift Firmness