PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help tuning 37# injectors..

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help tuning 37# injectors..

i just picked up some lucas 37# injectors, i havent put them in yet but im going to very soon..what tables do i need to change? could someone kinda walk me through this? also will the new injectors mess with my a/f ratio any? will i have to re-do the PE table? thanks!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use Redhardsupra's injector spreadsheet:
http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/

You only need to adjust the IFR table. If the new table is properly dialed in, you shouldn't see any difference in AFR.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok now i got another question...i got hp tuners 2.0 and when i go to the ifr table and go to the unit conversion deal to calculate my new tables for me it wont work! man this is pissing me off..this is what it says to enter..Current inj flow, Current fuel pressure, and then it calculates the new fuel pressure and new inj flow? what the hell am i missing here? i cant figure this **** out..i looked at the suite info on hp tuners but there directions do not work at all..please help..
Old 12-19-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

The calc is only going to show you max ifr at a given pressure. It will tell you the max flowrate your new injectors will be capable of.
For your IFR table you need injector flowrate vs MAP for each MAP value (increments of 5kPa). Open up your editor and go to the Engine -->Fuel Control -->Flow rate vs kPa tab. Enter your new injector values in Redhardsupra's spreadsheet and copy / paste the resulting values into your Flow rate vs kPa table. Hope this helps you.
Good luck with your new injectors, I have the Lucas 32s and found them very easy to tune for.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bshell
The calc is only going to show you max ifr at a given pressure. It will tell you the max flowrate your new injectors will be capable of.
For your IFR table you need injector flowrate vs MAP for each MAP value (increments of 5kPa). Open up your editor and go to the Engine -->Fuel Control -->Flow rate vs kPa tab. Enter your new injector values in Redhardsupra's spreadsheet and copy / paste the resulting values into your Flow rate vs kPa table. Hope this helps you.
Good luck with your new injectors, I have the Lucas 32s and found them very easy to tune for.
ok thanks man. you helped alot..i got just one more question..lol..i figured out what you said to do but on the spreadsheet it shows to enter the injector flow in (lb/hr) (g/sec) and (lb/min)...on my hp tuners under the flowrate vs. kpa table it only values in (lb/hr) it doesnt show nothing about lb/min or g/sec..can i just change the lb/hr and be fine? thanks!
Old 12-20-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Okie02
on my hp tuners under the flowrate vs. kpa table it only values in (lb/hr) it doesnt show nothing about lb/min or g/sec..can i just change the lb/hr and be fine? thanks!
That is correct. You only need to copy/paste the values with the same units (lb/hr) as what is in the flowrate table.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok cool...thanks alot man..
Old 12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

you will also need to considerable reduce the prop fueling with those injectors. shoot me a pm if you need some help on this