PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Already have MAF Translator... Hypertech PP3 a waste or benifit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002 | 03:55 AM
On The Tree

Default Already have MAF Translator... Hypertech PP3 a waste or benifit?

Im running a 2001 SS Camaro, just intake and MAF Translator as mods with the factory SLP Exhaust, Any ideas if the Power Programmer will benefit the car at all or just hinder performance? Hypertech dyno'd 19 RWHP with the programmer, but then again SLP got 45 RWHP off their headers so someone wanna help me out here? Preferably people that have used the programmer and either dyno'd with it or ATAPd the difference it made with power tuning!

<small>[ April 13, 2002, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Y2K1 SS 5.0 THIS ]</small>
Old 04-13-2002 | 05:30 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: Already have MAF Translator... Hypertech PP3 a waste or benifit?

I have the HPP3, but I do not use the "power-programming". It can still be used for raising your rev limiter, eliminating the speed governer, change temp at which coolant fans turn on, and it allows you to correct for different gear ratios and or tire sizes. So it has a few good uses, but if you plan on having custom programmming it's a waste.
Old 04-13-2002 | 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Already have MAF Translator... Hypertech PP3 a waste or benifit?

Thats kinda what ive been thinking lately, I get good deals on the programmers so I figured what the heck... then I thought about what else that money could have been used for and I got a little buyers remorse!