Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about enrichment...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about enrichment...

Are the 98+ ECMs able to add/subtract fuel on one bank only? Individual injectors?

I have an autotap run where B2S1 is about .1V less than B1S1. However, the sensor also registers 0V here and there. I did lenghthen the wires to work with my headers, I realize I should check my connections.

What are the symptoms of a lazy HEGO sensor? What tests can I run?
Old 04-15-2002, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Question about enrichment...

There is probably a cylinder balance table present in the pcm (as there is in LT1 Edit), but it does not appear to be in LS1 Edit.

Really though you should not use it unless you have 8 widebands or EGT's at least - on in each primary. Don't try and program around mechanical/electrical problems.

You should not lengthen the O2 wire - it is stainless so you can't solder it properly, and the atmospheric air reference is actually pulled down one of the wires, and you can very easily caust problems there, skewing o2 readings. Your real choices are to buy O2 extensions or extend the *harness* side yourself (not the o2 side).

Diagnose and fix those problems before you try and tune!

Chris
Old 04-15-2002, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Question about enrichment...

Thank you for your advice. I cannot remember which side of the harness I lengthened.

I am not willing to go in and change individual cylinders. I am trying to get a grasp of how the ECM responds to certain things and what not.

I pulled all plugs except number eight. I took pics of 2 plugs because each bank is very consistant, but only to it's own bank.

I guess the next step is to see if I lengthed the harness or the actual sensor wiring. Thanks for that info BTW, I didn't see that in the Corvette FI book I bought.