Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Tuners who use LS1 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Tuners who use LS1 Edit

Do they just take your PCM and program it using LS1 Edit or si there something else involved?
(Such as first getting a custom PCM, then making small chnages with LS1 Edit?)

So my question is...do they start from scratch with LS1 Edit and do everything with it or do they just use LS1 Edit for fine tuning at the end?
Old 04-29-2002, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Default Re: Question about Tuners who use LS1 Edit

If you have LS1_Edit, you download your flash file and send it to the tuner. After they make modifications to the file, you upload it. The main advantage is that you can further tweak the settings in the future.

If you don't have LS1_Edit, they download YOUR flash file from your car and modify that.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Question about Tuners who use LS1 Edit

I'm not sure I understand your question. The basic parts are the PCM, the "flash" for it, and tools like a) LS1-Edit's editor to edit the "flash" in file form and b) LS1-Edit's programmer to read and write the "flash" from and to the PCM.

Is the thrust of your question whether or not a tuner would use your current tuning as a starting point? That depends entirely upon the tuner and perhaps how appropriate that tuning is. Maybe your current stuff is crap and that's why it's being tuned, I would not expect them to start there. Maybe it's great and just needs tweaking, yes I'd expect them to start there. Maybe you've made major motor changes, maybe it's easier to start from a stock file.

Most LS1-Edit tuners will want either your car or the flash file, not the PCM. They would have had to build a bench for that and I know of only a few that have gone to that trouble.