Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST XFI questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST XFI questions

I am getting all the parts together to drop my new LS6 this summer. I was debating on whether or not to spend the money on a FAST XFI ECU for my engine. I have to retain the factory ECU in my 97 C1500 to run the ABS, and splice in the new wiring harness to operate the instrument cluster. I can get the FAST wiring harness, ECU, and sensors for right around $2800. I could also run the LS6 ECU I have now with a new wiring harness for around $1000. My question is this. Is it worth the extra $1800 to install the FAST ECU? How much better is this system over the factory system? You should know that this engine with be FI with an ATI Procharger. Future plans will include replacing the short block with an LS2 408. If anyone has worked with these unit I would appreciate any advice y'all might have. Thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

You really did not mention any specifics other than what the engine is and I cannot imagine that you would run anything with an LS6 that would require an aftermarket ECU.

Don't waste your money, spend it on a blower for the LS6 and STILL use the stock PCM.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GEN3Typhoon
You really did not mention any specifics other than what the engine is and I cannot imagine that you would run anything with an LS6 that would require an aftermarket ECU.

Don't waste your money, spend it on a blower for the LS6 and STILL use the stock PCM.
The LS6 is on a stock bottom end right now. I spoke to a few different people in the aftermarket about running the stock ECU. They had pretty much the same opinion. As far as specifics for the engine: The LS6 is in stock form right now with a few bolt-ons. FAST 90mm intake, Nick Williams 90mm tb, Mezeire elec. wp, Taylor wires. I am thinkin bout gettin a set of heads match ported to the intake before I slip it in the truck. I appreciate your input. I think I will prolly run the stock ECU and put that money to use on the heads.