PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Missing Power, Results of MAF switching...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Looking for Missing Power, Results of MAF switching...

The rear O2s are used to judge whether the cats are working properly.

Next time you go to the track, I'd borrow a set of ported MAF ends and try them (back to back runs on the same day). If leaning you out improves your performance, you may want to look into getting Edit and doing some tweaking. I don't recommend ported ends for an A4 being used as a daily driver as it can lower line presure at part throttle.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Missing Power, Results of MAF switching...

As you can see from my signature I've been having problems lately troubleshooting as to just why my numbers are so low for my mods. It was the general consensus to change out my GMAF for the stock MAF and see just how much that helped.

So I Changed out the GMAF for the stock screened MAF yesterday and went on a nice trip (115 Miles) to let the programming adjust. ATAP'd the car on the way to the office today and here is what I found:

LTRIM1: 3.252 with Stock 1.686 with GMAF
LTRIM2: 2.762 with Stock 1.409 with GMAF

WOT O21: .900 with Stock .908 with GMAF
WOT O22: .923 with Stock .923 with GMAF

TA: 25.07 with Stock 24.3 with GMAF

Conditons for the comparison were similar and contained a mixture of driving styles to try and capture everything. The LTRIMS are from cels 1-19 >5miles/hr, the O2's and TA's are from 100%tps in Fuel Cel 22.

Looking at this, it looks like I got LEaner with the Stock Maf? Am I reading this right?

Concerning the variance between the Driver and Passenger side O2's. Cold this possibly be a leak in the AIR connections on the Headers, maybe the gaskets or some such?

Last, but not least, I have noticed that the O2 sims (side 2) are running an average of .436 & .533 respectively. The computer doesn't actually read these right? I mean for use that is. It's not affecting my running right?