DTC P1336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC P1336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned

Just replaced my PCM with one from Ed Wright. Now getting

DTC P1336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned

Makes sense. I had him program a core and I was going to return mine.

The GM tech manual says that only someone with a scan tool can force the CKP learn procedure.

Anyone know another method so I don't have to go to a GM dealer? Or is this not a biggie and should I ignore? Hate to see the SES light on all the time over this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: DTC P1336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned

One of the procedures is just to rev the motor over 5200? or so rpms so the PCM can do a crankshaft relearn.

If that doesn't work you have to have Someone with a Tech2 tool issue a command to force the PCM to do a re-learn.....simple process....A dealer is the most logical source but other sources can do it as well.

I too installed a new PCM and have the same issue. Car is going to dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.....

PS: The P1336 code is a biggie, don't ignore it, get it resolved soon and don't whomp on the car until its resolved.

<small>[ May 27, 2002, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: fasteddy ]</small>
Old 05-28-2002, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, i have the same freekin problem, CKP is causin an ses light...im just goin to drive it to the dealer tomorrow, and i wouldnt hammer on the car till its resolved...
Old 05-28-2002, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WARNING....

I don't know if this applies to all but its happened TWICE to me. I have an 01 ZO6

I had the dealer apply the TechII (?) tool to my car today and force a Crank position relearn to cure the P1336...I had the issue after I bought a freshly flashed PCM from Carputing.

I was able to read and write to the PCM prior to the dealer forced relearn, but now I can only read, no write.....LS1Edit says PCM is corrupt...but it can still read all the values I updated prior to the re-learn and the car runs fine....I suspect there may be a bug.

Its the same issue I had with my previous PCM, which is why I replaced it...now I think the TechII tool disturbs something in the Flash memory and LS1edit doesn't like it. You see a dealer updated my previous PCM as well......Hmmmmmmm

Carful out there......
Old 05-29-2002, 06:38 PM
8 Second Club

i tried the crank sensor relearn procedure at the dealer with a tech II when i bought a new pcm. i had to rev the car till it hit the rev limiter. after this the computer should have learned , but in my case it didn't ( it seemed that it was because of the cam , tech II said something about the cam position sensor not doing something properly??) is there a way to bybass this with the tech II???

Quick Reply: DTC P1336 Crankshaft Position (CKP) System Variation Not Learned