PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ltrim Spread and Variance? H/C Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ltrim Spread and Variance? H/C Car?

What are you guys seeing for Ltrims?

I'm seeing bank to bank differences of about 2.5% on average with occasionally up to 4%. On each bank, I'll also see the Ltrims vary by about 4-5%.

I need something to compare against! I don't think I have a mis-fire (I get the normal cam misfires at idle and an occasional series up to 14 or 15 at cruise on a couple of cylinders).

Thanks!

Mark
Old 05-26-2002, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Ltrim Spread and Variance? H/C Car?

I see that on my car and others that I have ATAPed. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks Ragtop, that makes me feel better!

Mark
Old 05-27-2002, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sparky:
<strong>I'm seeing bank to bank differences of about 2.5% on average with occasionally up to 4%. On each bank, I'll also see the Ltrims vary by about 4-5%.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They should vary with rpm and engine load. Isn't the fuel pressure table a factor at a certain manifolfd pressure (or load)? I'll look a little closer, hope to do another tweak, #3, today. swapped in 42's into a f.i. engine. fwiw, found the predicted values from the widely circulated spreadsheet are very ballpark. shooting for values in the range of -3 to -1, and from what I've seen, you can't get a good across the board factor on one attempt, you need to tweak parts of the table. I suspect the tubos play havoc with this.