PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom tune being reset by dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Custom tune being reset by dealership?

If i get a custom dyno tune and then take my car to get inspected and for some reason they reset my computer, the tune is lost isn't it? do you guys just tell them not to mess with the computer when you get your vehicle serviced? thanks
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they reset the PCM the no worries... but if they reflasht he PCM w/a tech II then yes your custom tune is gone

As for telling them not to mess w/the computer ... if you're under warranty... may not be a good idea to tell them the computer's been reprogrammed... Whomever tunes your car on the dyno should keep a copy of your tune... so worst case if they Dealership overwrites it most places will reflash your PCM for no charge or a minimal charge if the tune's ever lost ...
Old 01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thanks

okay. that is good to know..thanks
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

just check w/the tuner to see what their policy is regarding reflashing your PCM ... so long as you're not needing every other week most will accomodate the occasional mishap
Old 01-03-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Usually, if the tuner updates your computer to the latest calibration before tuning your vehicle, then the dealer cant do another update and erase the program. It will just say you cant flash the file with the same program.

Unless they change the vin number and flash it to a different car, then back to yours.