PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

tuning help, is this how i should start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002 | 06:56 AM
single digit dreamer

Default tuning help, is this how i should start?

ok, i have been doing some reading and here are my plans for the day, corect me if i am going about this wrong.

put on the 6psi pully since this is where i plan on running most of the time
get some atap logs(MAF gm/sec, MAF input frequency, Ltrims)
adjust the MAF tabe in edit
repeat until Ltrims are around -5
make some more atap logs at WOT looking at(o2's?, ltrims?)
adjust for WOT mix in the PEvsRPM file

not going to worry about timing unless the KR maxes out at 8deg, adjust timing when finished with above.

is this the right procedure to start my tuning? is 15min or so enuff time so see changes that i made or does the computer need more time.

<small>[ June 08, 2002, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: parish8 ]</small>
Old 06-08-2002 | 08:20 AM
single digit dreamer

Default Re: tuning help, is this how i should start?

yea, i know your all still sleeping and i am talking to myself here, i have some atap numbers,
this is about a 15min log driving around town, maybe 30sec of it was over 50%throttle.

average ltrims were -2.55 and -3.34
high and low ltrims were +2 to -9

should i mess with this? it seems prety good to me. i am suprized that it isn't way off(6.0, whipple, 41lb injectors) i shouldn't bitch, the thing runs and drives great, it just isn't fast enuff when i open it up so i guess that is next. i am not sure what to log for the WOT tests, do i still use ltrims? or the o2's? or something else?

2hours later... i did some gtech/atap runs, this thing is just geting slower all the time, feels good at part throttle. there was some KR, it hits at the gear changes, is this real knock? the o2's were geting down to .85-.86 at the end of the run so i adjusted the PE vs rpm chart, now the o2's botom out at about .88 but the truck is slower still. i am hoping i have a major exhaust issue(stock 5.3 with cats and single 2 1/2 tail pipe)

i can pull some timing but i was hoping geting the o2's up a little would get rid of the knock.

<small>[ June 08, 2002, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: parish8 ]</small>