Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperate: getting codes know what they are but not how to fix

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Desperate: getting codes know what they are but not how to fix

Similar to the problems i had after getting my 2 MTX 10's put in... Make sure that the PCM connectors are all the way in... They have to remove it to get the power wire through the firewall, and when they did mine they didnt tighten one of the connectors and it was loose.. the car would start, then die.. start.. die.. couldnt get it into reverse.. none of my gauges worked... reconnected the PCM and everything was awesome... Check it out...
Old 06-09-2002, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Default Desperate: getting codes know what they are but not how to fix

I am getting the following codes:

P0412 Air Solenoid Control Circuit
P0801 Reverse Inhibhit Control Circuit
P0118 ECT Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P0410 Secondary AIR System
P1115 ECT Sesnor Circuit Intermittent High Voltage

Symptoms: Everynow and then the car will be very difficult to turn over, will be tuff to put in reverse and the temp guage won't work. (These symptoms also happen together). Any idea? I'm getting the sweeping guages and have exhaust, lid, shifter, CAGS, and a 100 watt bazooka tube. Any suggestions?!?! I'm desperate.

THANKS!
Old 06-09-2002, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

sorry to sound like a clown but any idea how to ensure the PCM is tightened down correctly and inplace.
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RTCamaroSS:
<strong>Similar to the problems i had after getting my 2 MTX 10's put in... Make sure that the PCM connectors are all the way in... They have to remove it to get the power wire through the firewall, and when they did mine they didnt tighten one of the connectors and it was loose.. the car would start, then die.. start.. die.. couldnt get it into reverse.. none of my gauges worked... reconnected the PCM and everything was awesome... Check it out...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Old 06-09-2002, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

There is a bolt in the center of each connector, that is used to push the connector off or pull it on.. Wiggle the connectors, if they seems loose.. give a few cranks on the bolt.. then disconnect the batt for 15-20 seconds, and recheck everything
Old 06-09-2002, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

A bunch of diff codes like that could be the sign of a ground problem. What, if anything, was done to your car recently?

Mark