Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam installed need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam installed need some help

well i just finished the cam install and now i need some help to get it to idle better. its not really all that bad but it does have trouble keeping a steady idle when you start it and it surges slighty when it idles. its a comp cam 224 224 567 567 112 cam. we drilled the tb out to a 1/4 hole and it helped some but i would like to tune it with ls1 edit and smooth it out some more. any help is appreciated. tia
Old 06-20-2002, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: cam installed need some help

I would have LS-1 edited it before I drilled the TB.... but anyway.. I think your only way to solve your problem will be with LS-1 edit and Autotap.. so you can change.. and see what the changes are doing. If memory serves me correct.. I think it is fuel cell #21 rhat is the idle... but I may be wrong.. I know #22 is WOT and 1 thru 19 are cruise cells...... Possibly #20 is idle and #21 is the deceleration cell. Someone may clarify this for you...
Good luck getting it sorted out as fast as possible.....
Old 06-20-2002, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

well i still have a stock tb blade if you think i should try and tune it with ls1 edit first, thats still a option i can do. thanks for the reply.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

This may be an unpopular answer... but I think I would try going to the unmodified blade. I have found that the less variables one changes, the easier it is to find the culprit. For example... if one goes wild and puts in a cam, heads, TB, MAF, and larger injectors and the engine runs like a lead sled... which is the problem.. .all, none.. many...???? If just one item is put in at a time, and a problem crops up, you know you are tuning for that problem with item that was installed. Has made things easier at the track in the past. If you change jets and ignition timing and the car runs better, the same, or worse... did the jet change help, or not, or did the ignition help or not.. or did they cancel each other out...
Hope this helps you get on the road to correcting your problem.. .Good luck.. you will have it running like a top soon I am sure...
Old 06-20-2002, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

thanks again for your help... can anyone tell me which fuel cell i need to modify... my car is a 98 camaro if that makes a difference. also just changing values in that cell, will that fix all my idle problems or is there another table i need to alter. thanks