Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regarding LS1edit & ATAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding LS1edit & ATAP

I was just curious... at what point do you really need to start messing with these programs? To be honest, i was under the impression that you could add things like headers, aftermarket MAFs, high perf induction parts, etc etc without the need to retune the PCM.. however 1) that was until i joined this board (which rocks by the way) and 2) the fact that I am kind of new at this.

So if someone could give me a little insight on at what point you need to start messing with the PCM (other then upping the rev limit, changing the speedometer to accomodate bigger tires, etc) I would really appriciate it.

Also, after checking out a few of the other edit posts I went to carputing.com and was a little unclear of the difference between the locked and unlimited version of ls1edit... do they both let you change as much as you want but are just limited to one PCM? or what?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2002, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Regarding LS1edit & ATAP

Minor bolt-ons do not need edit and small A/F adjustments can be made with a MAFT. Edit gives you a lot of flexibility, especially for A4s.

Unlimited version is performance shops that tune many PCMs. The single user version allows unlimited changes to a single PCM.