Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some serious issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adrian,

I have access to scanning software (Ease) if that will help you. Call me at 734-645-6097 if you need to use it. With a laptop, you can log a 20+ minute run. It should show most everything you need. Also, you can download the scan to an excel file for further help.

Gordy M
Old 01-16-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, when I installed my headers, I had to do it when the heads and intake were off, and had to lift the engine like 4 inches before they would go in from the bottom! I couldn't for the life of me get them in from the top, even with the heads and intake off haha. Most pain in the *** thing i've ever had to do.

Gordy, i'll be calling you in a few! Thanks! and then I'll send you the file Nino so you can take a look at whats going on in there.

Thanks!
Adrian
Old 01-16-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Adrian, it depends on what software it is. I can only read hptuners right now, but when i get home next week, ill be able to do efillive since its loaded on my laptop. Ive never heard of a header install being so difficult. You shouldnt have to raise the motor, let alone take the heads and intake off. if you did, then they're not good headers!!! Sometimes you have to maneuver them, but not go through what you had to.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

I just called Gordy, I'm meeting him tomorrow so we can log it. Will you be able to read the excel file Nino?

Gordy, do you have all the hardware for hooking up the laptop to the car? Cause I don't and is the only reason why I can't use any software right now.

As far as the headers go, they're the edelbrock stepped headers, and I was already doing all the work on my car with the heads/intake off, so thats how I was able to install them. I'm not sure how they would go in, they were almost impossible to get in even with the heads/intake off haha. I'm sure you can manuver them to get in, but I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks!
Adrian
Old 01-16-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got my edelbrocks in from the bottom with no issues.Same headers as yours.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

yeah, i can read excel.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Addict

i'll see what happens with the edelbrocks if I ever try to remove them again, i'll try from the bottom!

Nino, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you the file sometime tomorrow...today, i'm going to replace my IAC valve and see if that helps...and I'm also low on powersteering fluid so filling up with that hopefully will solve my sloppy steering issue.

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 01-16-2006, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

I have a P0507 code as well assuming it is a vacum leak, but can't find one, my next step is to change IAC as well, please advise as to if your situation changes after replacing the IAC.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I just finished replacing the IAC valve, and my car now acts differently. No longer do I have the bogging issues or anything like that. Now here is what has happened.

Since replacing the IAC:

Car now Idles at 1000 rpms, as opposed to 880-900
While driving, it seems the IAC valve is staying open because i don't have to press the accelerator to stay cruising (this is with the new one).
Upon release of the clutch, the vehicle will keep rpms at 2000 rpms until I come to a complete stop, even if I was cruising at like 1500 rpms for instance. Once I'm at a complete stop about 3-5 secs later rpms will come back down to 1000.
If I don't come to a complete stop, the vehicle will still keep rpms at 2000 no matter what I do or how fast I'm going.

I'm assuming now that my issues were with the IAC valve as the manner of my vehicle has changed so much since replacing it. Now it also appears that the true nature of the tune is coming through, and what they did to try and correct it (not knowing a possible faulty IAC valve, too early to tell). That would explain the random high sticking idles at like 2000 rpms while cruising and then coming down to 1000-900 before, or sometimes its bogging down and trying to find idle again. That would be because the IAC valve was intermintently working/sticking all the way open closing the IAC passage and then nearly shutting my engine down until it finally unsticks and opens again so it can find idle.

What do you guys think?

I'm meeting Gordy tomorrow (your help is VERY appreciated...as well as Nino of course!) to log a run with my vehicle to see how the tune is. Hopefully everything is working out now!

Best regards, and to all a GOOD night!
Adrian
Old 01-17-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

the damn car is back to its old tricks again, WTF?!?!?!???!?!?! Hopefully this logging i'm going to do today will shed some light
Old 01-17-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

forgot to mention that the P0507 code went away, it hasn't come back yet...time will tell....
Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Adrian,

I need you email address to send you the scan. Right now it is in a text file.
When I get time I can convert it to excel. It is quote comma delimited.

Gordy M
Old 01-17-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

hey adrian my email is nino@mobile-bay.navy.mil
Old 01-17-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

My e-mail is haans249@gmail.com

Thanks again Gordy! I'll definitely have to come out and watch you race.

Nino, I will send you the e-mail when I get the file!

Thanks again, best regards,
Adrian