Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F.A.S.T. XFI opinions and info

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silkey
anyone try and tune the fast without the map sensor?do i really need it if its just n/a only?

Yes it is what is called Alpha-N management. It is based on throttle position and RPM. No manifold pressure sensing is necessary with this like you said on a NA application. It just can not be used on a force inducted engine with any amount of accuracy. More so when referring to a car with a turbocharger due to the fact that manifold pressure can drastically change with little or no change in throttle position. Also keep in mind that you will not have a VE and a Target A/F table. to work with anymore like in Speed Density mode. Alpha-N uses a pulse width table to fuel the motor with.

Chris Macellaro
Old 01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

Wayeasier to just use a map sensor,its already wired for it,you can use a 2 bar which are cheap,I have a box full you can have one if you want,I now run a 5 bar on the GN
Old 01-21-2006, 03:50 AM
On The Tree

thanks guys.it was a question that just popped in my head and i couldent figgure it all the way out,but seemed possible.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:00 PM
9 Second Club

my car is already a stand alone system, no factory computer, it uses a system that is older then me, accel gen 6

HAHAHAHA join the club lafn.... Where did you get your standalone harness to completely wire your Gen VI? And pardon me if I ask but if you have Gen VI why not just upgrade to Gen VII???? It has nitrous functions, will wire up to your opti and won't be a new learning curve to tune it since you already have Gen Vi???? just a question....
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 572BBC4thgen
HAHAHAHA join the club lafn.... Where did you get your standalone harness to completely wire your Gen VI? And pardon me if I ask but if you have Gen VI why not just upgrade to Gen VII???? It has nitrous functions, will wire up to your opti and won't be a new learning curve to tune it since you already have Gen Vi???? just a question....

the stand alone harness came directly from accel and i heard bad things about the gen 7. but i will be running a large frame turbo set-up soon, i am just getting the car ready as much as possible so i don't have to change to much at one time, that causes issues most of the time.