Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light PLEASE HELP

So heres the whole story i have an 04 M6 Gto LS1. I have the following items just put on. FAST Intake manifold with 90mm throttle body from nick williams. SLP Headers LT with loudmouth. K&N CAI, 160 t-state, msd wires, and t55 plugs. I also just brought my car to the body shop to get my RK sport hood installed and on the way home from there the check engine light came on. check the codes and found 3 codes on. Heres the 3 codes

P0102- Mass or Volume air flow circuit low inout

P0443- Evap Emission control system purge control valve circuit

P0449- Evap Emission Control System vent valve/solenoid circuit

So i checked all the connectors i think at least and everything looks connected. so i went back to the body shop to see if they had to disconnect anything while they had my car and they said no and to try to tighten my gas cap and clear the code and see what happens. So i did that and the light still came back on. Can someone please help me with this. I just hate when that check engine light is on. Thanks for your help in advance

joe
Old 01-17-2006, 10:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heres my take on it...the first code is a maf code so make sure the maf sensor is connected & nothing is messing with it. As far as the evap codes did you check to see if they came back or did you not check a second time to see what codes popped back up? But with an 04 gto you should be under warranty for all of that right?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Teching In

yes i checked the codes again it is the same codes. most of the time the codes are in the pending box even right after i clear the codes the codes come right back to the pending codes box. thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Teching In

PCV plug is not connected ? Make sure after you connect it reset battery and it does take couple of engine cycles to clear off the code.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Teching In

wheres the pcv plug at on 04 gto ls1. thanks