Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sims

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default O2 Sims

Does anyone know what values (voltage & percentage) you read on your scan tool after you install O2 Sims? I ask Thunder Racing in Baton Rouge and was told they would read just like the OEM's so they wouldn't throw a code, but I know that's NOT true as they're only there to simulate the actual values not mimic them. The ideal value is 0% if everything is perfect (which it never is in the real world) and then varies above and below 0% to compensate as the computer tries to keep the air/fuel ration at 14.7 to 1. I'm guessing the reading would be a constant 0%, but has anyone monitored the voltage and percentage values AFTER they installed the O2 Sims?
Old 08-06-2002, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: O2 Sims

Thunder was right.. the O2 sims fluctuate to simulate the flow of exhaust over a real O2 sensor.

Moving to Computer & Tuning Section.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Default Re: O2 Sims

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WILWAXU:
<strong>Thunder was right.. the O2 sims fluctuate to simulate the flow of exhaust over a real O2 sensor.

Moving to Computer & Tuning Section.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is correct. They bounce around just like the stock readings did.