PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air/Fuel ratio gauge? Which one for C5?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Fuel ratio gauge? Which one for C5?

Can anyone recommend an air/fuel ratio gauge (2 1/16") for a C5? I was interested in a Nordskog (K702), it has a range of 0-1 volt. When I called their tech line, the person couldn't tell me if it would work on an OEM C5 O2 sensor. They said there are two kinds of O2 sensors; a 0-1 volt and a 0-5 volt. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

0-1 volt = stock narrowband O2 sensors... gauge is only useful as a lightshow... otherwise it's useless

0-5 volt = wideband O2 sensor (such as using an LM-1/LC-1/Dynojet Wideband/AEM, etc....) ... accurate gauge for AFR, requires you install a new bung and O2 sensor int the exhaust stream (or some have replaced 1 stock narrowband w/the wideband and emulated the output to the PCM)

Regardless though, just remember that a 0-1 volt AFR gauge is just asthetic... it really doesn't help in tuning any or ensuring you're not too lean... (well except for extreme lean conditions in which case you'd hear the audible knock and eventually a loud BOOM)
Old 01-20-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like he said, those are just for looks, they dont help 1 bit except help take your eyes off the road and or other important gauges..... I've got a dynojet wideband commander and like it alot, 2 1/16" gauge and lots of feature like for additional n2o or meth inj. along w/built in warning lights that you can set any time you want to come on, reads throttle % and rpm and records all 3 by flipping a switch... I havent used anything else but upon research liked this one the best...