PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using LS1edit to setup PCM for injectors....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using LS1edit to setup PCM for injectors....

When I get LS1edit which I just ordered I have to remove my superchips program so I'm wondering what do I have to adjust to tune my PCM to work properly. I have 42.5lb injectors, running 8-9lbs intercooled boost, and headers with no cats. How do you adjust for the fuel injectors and what else would I have to look at besides A/F?
Old 08-29-2002, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: Using LS1edit to setup PCM for injectors....

do they block their tune from being read? you can probably read it , then remove it.

chris b has done some great stuff to make injector changes less painful.

as far as the tuning, well you need to adjust the fuel/spark to what the car wants through testing and trying stuff.. just start safe. and add timing/remove fuel from there.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks mightymouse. From what I've heard when the PCM is locked, ls1edit wont read it. It sure would be nice though so then I wouldnt have to start from scratch. I'm not exactly qualified for that at this point. Can anybody else offer any helpful advice?
Old 08-29-2002, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 1slowCamaro:
<strong>So you're saying download the file and use it as a reference? Look at that file and modify the stock file to match it along with whatever other changes need to be made? If that would work that would be great. I guess we'll see.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes. give it a try.

Did you modify your fuel pressure? you'll need to know your FP if you did.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only time my fuel pressure changed was when I put in my booster pump. It went up 3psi. Is that supposed to happen?
Old 08-30-2002, 12:04 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

LS1 edit has 2 seperate applications - one is the actual tuner app, the other is the loader. You can download the file w/ superchips on it, but you may not be able to load it up for editing. It won't hurt anything if you do. Then take the tuner off, and load your stock file as well. This worked fine for my hypertech programming, but doesn't always work for custom tuned PCMs.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

So you're saying download the file and use it as a reference? Look at that file and modify the stock file to match it along with whatever other changes need to be made? If that would work that would be great. I guess we'll see.