Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live adjustment ?s

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EFI Live adjustment ?s

Well does anybody know? My guess was to start with a blank A/F chart, click on override, and enter the values I want and then load them when the car is running. I dont know if this will work or not. I'm guessing its probably more complicated than that.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Restricted User

Default Re: EFI Live adjustment ?s

You need to check (tick) the Use spark map or Use fuel map check boxes on the Ctrl-F8 tab page. If they are disabled (greyed out) that is because the spark or fuel map has not been configured properly. See tab pages F10 and F11 to see why they are not configured properly.

Normally, say for a dyno run, you would "record" the spark/fuel maps during a couple of runs - based on two other parameters (example: air flow v's RPM). Once recorded you need to copy the values to the override map. You can do this by clicking on the [All] button and then on the [Copy] button. This copies the currently selected map into the override map.

Once the override map has values you can highlight groups of cells (use shift arrow keys) and adjust them up or down (using < > , . keys)
Note: Cells in the override map that do not have a value should NOT change when the < > , . keys are pressed or when the min/max values are changed. There is a bug where they do change. This has been fixed in the latest version which will be relased this week.

If a cell contains no override value then EFILiveV5 will not override the PCM when the engine is operating in that cell.

These conditions need to be met before anything will be overriden:

1. A connection must have been established to the vehicel using a PRo version of EFILiveV5.
2. The control Panel must be active.
3. The spark or fuel map must be configured correctly.
4. The Use spark map or Use fuel map check boxes must be checked.
5. You must start monitoring data.

More info here:
Control panel:
http://www.starrperformance.com.au/e...trol_index.htm

Spark and Fuel maps:
http://www.starrperformance.com.au/e.../map_index.htm

Regards
Paul
Old 09-04-2002, 12:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default EFI Live adjustment ?s

I was wondering how you would go about adjusting your A/F ratio and max spark advance? I know these adjustments go away after you disconnect but I would like to use them for some dyno experiments. How do I change them? Thanks guys.