Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT VE Table tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPT VE Table tuning question

I ran a scan on my car and was going through the histogram and looking at the LTFT and STFT data. I found that in some of my tables the STFT are correcting anywhere from -3 to -19 and sometimes to +3 to +10. My question is when the LTFT cell is at -11 @ 50kpa and 3600 rpm and my STFT is at +10 how much do i need to correct my VE table if the value is 83?

According to the help files i have read from HP tuners I should take LTFT + STFT = % learned. So does this mean I should take -11 + (+10) = -1 and take -1 from 83 and set my VE table to 82 (83-1)?

My goal here is to learn about the VE tables and tuning them a little more effectivly for my car.

Thanks in advance.

Nkz
Old 01-25-2006, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nakoz
I ran a scan on my car and was going through the histogram and looking at the LTFT and STFT data. I found that in some of my tables the STFT are correcting anywhere from -3 to -19 and sometimes to +3 to +10. My question is when the LTFT cell is at -11 @ 50kpa and 3600 rpm and my STFT is at +10 how much do i need to correct my VE table if the value is 83?

According to the help files i have read from HP tuners I should take LTFT + STFT = % learned. So does this mean I should take -11 + (+10) = -1 and take -1 from 83 and set my VE table to 82 (83-1)?

My goal here is to learn about the VE tables and tuning them a little more effectivly for my car.

Thanks in advance.

Nkz
You've got the formula correct; however if your STFT's are still that high I'd drive around a little more and let them them get closer to 0 before adjusting your VE table. What should happen as you keep driving is that the STFT's will move towards 0 and the LTFT's will move towards the ultimate correction. I don't normally use the STFT's unless they're +- 5.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try turning off LTFT, resettin the trims and going back at it. Once you drive around and get some good hits on every cell you need to tune, adjust the VE table by what the average STFT is, so you wont have another trim to add or subtract from it. This got me really close tuning W/trims.

Chris
Old 01-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys for all the help.

So when the STFTs are around +-5 then i should look at the LTFT and see how far off they are. So lets say that the STFT is at -3 and the LTFT is at -10 then (-10) + (-3) = -13(.5) which is -6.5. So if the VE table is at 50 I should adj the VE table at the proper Kpa and RMP to show 43.5?

Also when you are looking at the scans of the tables, how do you know that a table needs to be modified? Another words, since the tables are constantly changing how do you know when to take and calculate the two values? For example, when the LTFT is -11 and STFT is 19 and the next time the FT cell gets hit it changes from -3 LTFT and 8 STFT.

Thanks again guys
Old 01-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nakoz
Thanks guys for all the help.

So when the STFTs are around +-5 then i should look at the LTFT and see how far off they are. So lets say that the STFT is at -3 and the LTFT is at -10 then (-10) + (-3) = -13(.5) which is -6.5. So if the VE table is at 50 I should adj the VE table at the proper Kpa and RMP to show 43.5?

Also when you are looking at the scans of the tables, how do you know that a table needs to be modified? Another words, since the tables are constantly changing how do you know when to take and calculate the two values? For example, when the LTFT is -11 and STFT is 19 and the next time the FT cell gets hit it changes from -3 LTFT and 8 STFT.

Thanks again guys
No, you should subtract 6.5% thus being -3.25. Basically, just add ltft + stft, copy and paste "multiply % - half" in HPT. Hope this helps.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Banned

I needed this help