Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector Offset Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

noope.

anyways, play with the injector min puls width, the offset table, and the def pulse width

u can get them to work that way
Old 08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
7 Second Club

Received 326 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
I pulled down the AEM software, it has some injectors
but not the ones I plan to use (Delphi 32#). It might
help some folks.
Keep in mind different PCMs have different "strength" injector drivers in them. For example, the LS2 PCM has slightly stronger injector drivers than the LS1 computers and therefore the injector offset table doesn't need to be as high on an LS2 computer when compared to an LS1 for the same injector. The AEM's offset tables are not accurate when compared to our PCMs.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
noope.

anyways, play with the injector min puls width, the offset table, and the def pulse width

u can get them to work that way
play with these and you will be able to see different results, log/scan your car while changing them , tune then change and what not. i just didn't have enough time
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where in the AEM software is the injector offset located... I caught a bad case of stoopid this morning
Old 08-12-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

**** i thought it was hard to find... and then when i did find it and made a change (selected an injector and it said it changed something) and then i went to find what it changed and couldn't find it. I know how to get injectors to work, so i said forget it. LOL
Old 08-12-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

**** i thought it was hard to find... and then when i did find it and made a change (selected an injector and it said it changed something) and then i went to find what it changed and couldn't find it. I know how to get injectors to work, so i said forget it. LOL
I finally found it. SETUP > INJECTORS > PRIMARY Not under fuel as I was looking. Anyway, looks to be very different than the injector offset spreadsheet gonig around. And sadly they dont have any GM injectors or anything to compare our stock table to. Also, the table does not have an axis for KPA, its only 2 dimensional. Am I to assume that this is at 0 KPA vacuum (FULL MAP PRESSURE)?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my quest for some info on the Motron 60's I found this post in the FI section of the forum. I haven't tried it yet but was wondering if someone that knows more than me (most) could take a look at the tables and see if I could hurt anything by popping this into my tune.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/384019-fi-hpt-60-motron-user-s-enter-here.html

This is the only info on these injectors that I have been able to find thus far.

ZL1, I would play with the tables if I had an understanding of how my changes would effect ANYTHING. I haven't a clue which way to change what to get what I want -which, by the way, I think is to get rid of my surging at lower RPM.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

98Z28, what tuning software you running?
it has got to do more than with the offset table. you have to play with the min &def injector pulse width

lower the numbers by 10%(multiply by -10%) and flash it, see where you are at. also, i can't help u with open loop.... i don't even want to go there with what my car was doing on OL with the motrons.....

do you have a wideband? if so, stick it in the exhaust, change the tables by 10% (all 3, offset, def&min injector puls width) and see what happens at idle. watch your AFR and you should be fine. how do you think i learned what to do; i realized that the pulse width has got to go smaller, so i sit and look at my tables in efi live and change things bit by bit, this might not be the best way to do things but I was damn sure on my way to get them to work, i just ran out of time.

try raising your idle rpm by a 100 or so and see what happens, if the surging still stays. my car wanted to surge back and forth at 800rpm, but we raised it to 950rpm and it was perfect.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Restricted User

98Z28, what tuning software you running?
it has got to do more than with the offset table. you have to play with the min &def injector pulse width

lower the numbers by 10%(multiply by -10%) and flash it, see where you are at. also, i can't help u with open loop.... i don't even want to go there with what my car was doing on OL with the motrons.....

do you have a wideband? if so, stick it in the exhaust, change the tables by 10% (all 3, offset, def&min injector puls width) and see what happens at idle. watch your AFR and you should be fine. how do you think i learned what to do; i realized that the pulse width has got to go smaller, so i sit and look at my tables in efi live and change things bit by bit, this might not be the best way to do things but I was damn sure on my way to get them to work, i just ran out of time.

try raising your idle rpm by a 100 or so and see what happens, if the surging still stays. my car wanted to surge back and forth at 800rpm, but we raised it to 950rpm and it was perfect.
I have HPTuners and a Wideband.

I am trying some more changes to my cracker/follwer tables and I will try the canges you lited above next.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Restricted User

The new cracker and follwer settings seem to have helped the surging by "softening" it. It still surges but it is much less abropt. Not sure if I should mess with the offsets now.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Restricted User

I found this post. It has an offset table posted by someone else for the popular injectors. Unfortunately, It is on Offset vs voltage but no kpa. How do you determine for the KPA?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...njector+offset
Old 05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bringing this one back up. I'd like to see what everyone's doing now for offsets.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

I'd also like to know if there are specific procedures for calibrating the other injector control tables.

I had my VE tuned and the (stock) MAF table slightly tuned, and had stock injectors. I'm adding new heads/cam/etc along with the new injectors.

Quick Reply: Injector Offset Adjustment