PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Exhaust throwing my computer off?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002 | 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Exhaust throwing my computer off?

I am about to buy either random tech catback or gmmg. My dad was talking to a guy who told him that in the new model vette and camaros/trans am the exhaust are throwing off the computers if not made for you car specifically. None of this made sence. The only thing I could think of is that they had taken of the cats and o2 sensors. My dad told me the guy said that wasnt what was messing up his vette. Now my dad thinks I am going to make my car run like crap and mess up my pcm! What do you guys think?
Old 09-13-2002 | 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Exhaust throwing my computer off?

I put the Loudmouth on mine with no problems. So I don,t think you will have a problem. Jimmy
Old 09-14-2002 | 08:25 PM
Teching In

I put the SLP loudmouth exhaust on my 02 vette about a month ago. Just had the car dynoed today after the last almost stock run in mid august and using average of data from each run picked up 19rwhp and 9rwtq from the exhaust alone. Other than a blackwing air filter the car is comepletely stock and as of yet the only problem seems to be a dip in the power band in the upper RPM range that corrects itself 400rpm later. Before the exhaust this was around 4600 rpm, after at about 5500 RPM. However this problem is something i have just started to look into and as it was there prior to ANY modifications, it is an issue that I am having the my local dealer fix as well as will be adding a post to see if anyone on the boards here may have some ideas.
Old 09-15-2002 | 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well since your last post when you said that your rms's are dippinf down for a sec kind of owrries me. But I dont think thats a big deal. Id like to know what the dealers says about your problem.