Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 wiring harness hookup

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 wiring harness hookup

I am droping an 98 LS1 manual into my car. i need to know how to connect the wiring harness to the engine. does any body know how or have some sort of a dyagram that shows how to connect it up to the entire car?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get everything right, you probably need a '98 factory manual to get the chassis and the dash pinouts.

In the conversions forum here, there is some info posted on what you have to give the pcm on the 3 fenderwell connectors.

The dash wiring has 3 connectors that pass through the firewall. You may need a 98 gauge cluster. Crossing over from LT1 wiring to LS1 wiring involves quite a few changes.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the thing though... i am hooking up a ls1 engine with the ls1 wiring harness and computer. so does that sill apply?
Old 01-30-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ls1 pcm/harness has 6 interfaces to the car.

The 3 connectors on the fenderwell (which tie you back to the underhood fuse blocks and some feeds from the bundle under the master cylinder).

And 3 connectors that pass through the grommet near the pcm. These tie to the gauge cluster, a/c control, bcm, etc.

The pinouts for those 6 connectors have to match up to what's on the car already. The ls1 harness is for the pcm, everything on the engine, and the 6 connectors. You inherit everything beyond those 6 connectors as what is on the car already. Unless you are changing out all the chassis and dash wiring to an ls1 setup too.