PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP MAFs Ever Cause Tuning/Deontation Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP MAFs Ever Cause Tuning/Deontation Problems?

I am still battling a pinging/KR problem on my car.. It seems to happen at random RPMs (2000-3500) during part throttle and 4000-5000rpm at Wide Open Throttle.

I recently did the PCV mod to make sure I wasnt sucking oil into the intake. I then ran 2 bottles of GM decarb through the engine to clean it out of all excess carbon from previously burned oil. I also pulled out 4 degrees timing between 2000-3000rpm. I now have the low and high octane tables set the same as well for troubleshooting purposes. No matter what I do, I keep getting KR and it is even audible at the lower part throttle RPMs.

I don't know what to try next.. I do have the SLP big MAF on my car with the screen and starting to think maybe this is the culprit? The thing that makes me think it couldn't be the MAF is that my LTRIMMS are all between 0 and -6 and my A/F on a wideband at WOT is 12.3 - 12.7 across the board.

Has anyone ever had any tuning or detonation problems with this MAF? I know it has some sort of a resistor soldered in it somewhere? I am thinking maybe it is sending a false load signal to the PCM, and then timing decisions are being based on this false signal from the MAF. Does anyone think this could be a possibility?

The only other MAF i have to try is my 100% stock 97 MAF that still has the screen in it. Do you think I will lose much power with my 436 by going back to this MAF? I assume I will have to also change the MAF table within LS1 with the apropriate values for the stock MAF. Does anyone have these values?

Thanks in advance!

<small>[ September 19, 2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: MattG ]</small>
Old 09-20-2002, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: SLP MAFs Ever Cause Tuning/Deontation Problems?

anyone?
Old 09-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Default Re: SLP MAFs Ever Cause Tuning/Deontation Problems?

Did you read this post?
web page

I've been researching this because the next thing I was looking at doing was ported maf ends and I was curious if SLP's did the same thing.