Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: Torque Management & LS1 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UPDATE: Torque Management & LS1 Edit

In the previous versions of Edit, there was no TM table. The solution to TM was use a positive 15 to 25 in the spark retard table above 5000. This allowed TM at part throttle to go easy on the tranny and full power through the shifts at WOT. The current version of edit now has a "Upshift Torque Reduction" table.

I asked Carputing the following:

In the older versions of LS1, to remove torque management we put in negative values in the Spark Retard Limit table in the Engine timing section. With the new tab "Upshift Torque Reduction" in the transmission section, do we just zero out that table and put the Spark Retard Limit back to factory settings?

This is the response:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> If you Zero the Upshift Torque Reduction Table, It should not request
retard. THat would mean that you don't have to limit it. I would try it and measure the results.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just changed my settings to match this but have not had a chance to ATAP this. Has anyone tried just using the new TM table w/o messing with the Spark Retard table? If yes, do you have ATAP/EFILive results?
Old 09-22-2002, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: UPDATE: Torque Management & LS1 Edit

I did it a few weeks ago, but haven't ataped yet...I put in a pt4000 and transgo shift kit..on stock motor as well, though. hits second hard, can't tell TM of course, but would think it would fall on its face a little if tm was kicking in...I'll try to check soon.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I also only did the two tables in trans calibration... also no atap yet, but absolutely beautiful, hard tire-barking shifts.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have used the new upshift table and verified the results with EFILive. However, I have a 98 and had a minimal issue with TM before. I would expect the same results with a later car, but the TM seems more agressive for 99-00 and again for 01-02.
Old 09-24-2002, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris: what timing did you hold on the shifts?