Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning help

Was wondering if anybody could help me get into tuning my own set-up. I have a wideband and Hptuners and already had the car tuned but I want to know how to do it myself so when the time comes to change things I know how. First question is im running 12.2:1 WOT on motor and 11.6:1 on a dry nitrous set-up is this good? I think leaning it out would help. 13.0:1 on motor and ??? on the juice. Well how do I do this? Detailed I am an extreme newb and need all the help I can get. also Im running a TH-400 anything I need to change from when I had the 4l60e? Any other simple tips/tricks would be appreciated. Thanks guys
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

if you say you have HPTuners...go to their website and look at their guides and FAQS. Most of the guides are their to do your own tuning. I looked at efi lives website and then talked to a few friends from there to get all of my tuning problems fixed and learn it myself. I think there are also some guides up here for HPTUNERS in the tuning section...could be wrong though if they removed them.

just check out HPTuners....if you are still running the MAF I would say just modify your PE table and play with the spark tables a little

give WS6FirebirdTA00 a pm if you want to, you can ask him some questions about HPTuners...i use efi live so i couldn't help ya
Old 01-30-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
First question is im running 12.2:1 WOT on motor and 11.6:1 on a dry nitrous set-up is this good? I think leaning it out would help. 13.0:1 on motor and ??? on the juice. Well how do I do this?

You could lean out your NA operation a little closer to 13.0:1 but on the bottle it looks pretty good for your power level. If you run race gas on the bottle then you could stand to go leaner, but you didn't say that you run race gas.

The easiest way is just go into the PE vs RPM table and reduce the numbers by a small amount. To take away 2% fuel you multiply the cells you're changing by 98. Multiplying by 100 would make no change. Actually different tuners work a little different so it depends on which tuner as to exactly how, but that's the right table.
For a little more fine tuning you work in the applicable cells of the VE table.
It helps to have a scanner that will show you which cells you are in at WOT and WOT on the bottle so you know exactly which ones to work on. Otherwise it takes much longer and more test runs.