PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Edit - It's out! Watch out HP Tuner & EFI Live!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What version are you using? I have 1.50.

I just copied my entire VE table to Excel. Next, I changed many of the values to 111 or something random. I selected all the values in Excel, hit copy, then went to LS1Edit. I went to the VE window, edit and paste, it didn't copy the whole table from excel. Nor can you import an Excel file.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also version 1.5 here.
In Edit you need to hit "select_all" first, then you can "paste".
It only works with the entire table (VE, MAF, IFR...) and not with few cells.
Both tables (Excel and Edit) have to have the same dimensions (raws x columns) or Edit won't like it and will crash.

In excel you can also let the PC calculate a new table (like increase everything by x%), then copy the resulting table in Edit. Edit will take the results as numbers and not as an equation.

Edit won't accept certain numbers and will round them up or down. Somehow it has fixed steps that are not always 0.1, 0.2, 0.3....
Old 02-02-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tici
Also version 1.5 here.
In Edit you need to hit "select_all" first, then you can "paste".
It only works with the entire table (VE, MAF, IFR...) and not with few cells.
Both tables (Excel and Edit) have to have the same dimensions (raws x columns) or Edit won't like it and will crash.

In excel you can also let the PC calculate a new table (like increase everything by x%), then copy the resulting table in Edit. Edit will take the results as numbers and not as an equation.

Edit won't accept certain numbers and will round them up or down. Somehow it has fixed steps that are not always 0.1, 0.2, 0.3....

and thats why i wont buy edit. ever.
first, you said that if you made a fairly common user mistake, it might crash..

and then look at the steps required to just increase something by x%....
all i do in HPtuners, is select the cells i want, then multiply by what i type (aka .9 for 90%.....)
whats really funny is EVERY tuning solution ive used, from early TPI stuff (in DOS!!) to aftermarket to the LS1 stuff (other then edit), all of it ive ever seen, does this... except edit.
the first time i looked at LS1 edit, i said "holy crap! that **** is written in VB!... and that interface sucks!" i honestly would get called into my bosses office if i tried to release a program looking like that.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I never said this program was better or worst than others, I just explained how to copy and paste data.

This of multiply by a % was only an example and it can be done in Edit directly
Interesting: how can you judge this software if you don't know those basic functions?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said this program was better or worst than others, I just explained how to copy and paste data.
you INDIRECTLY proved how bad the user interface is by telling us the steps needed to accomplish something... in this case, multiplying a few cells by a percent.

This of multiply by a % was only an example and it can be done in Edit directly
Interesting: how can you judge this software if you don't know those basic functions?
last time i tried using them they were "buggy" to say the least.

edit:
also, almost everyone ive seen using it, usually does it cell by cell, or uses excel...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs down

LS2Edit's support is soo bad I would not buy from them even if i HAD A LS2.

Bill
Old 02-02-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Veteran

WEIRD! I JUST NOW GOT IT TO WORK. You have to select all as stated earier. That makes sense for the copy function but not the paste function! You can select one cell in Excel and paste a huge table and it works. It uses the single cell as a starting point. LS1Edit will only paste into the cells you have selected!! Thanks for the hint anyways.

Like before, I put in a bunch of 1111's to see if it would paste into all area's of the table. HOWEVER, now I have these weird symbols in my table. It is like there is an out of range ASCII character and it is showing it as trash. I don't know if I would flash this config file if those symbols on the screen. :-(

Any advice? I want to be able to copy and paste so I can use an other program to run a routine for linear or quadratic regression to make it easier to form smooth curves.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
WEIRD! I JUST NOW GOT IT TO WORK. You have to select all as stated earier. That makes sense for the copy function but not the paste function! You can select one cell in Excel and paste a huge table and it works. It uses the single cell as a starting point. LS1Edit will only paste into the cells you have selected!! Thanks for the hint anyways.

Like before, I put in a bunch of 1111's to see if it would paste into all area's of the table. HOWEVER, now I have these weird symbols in my table. It is like there is an out of range ASCII character and it is showing it as trash. I don't know if I would flash this config file if those symbols on the screen. :-(

Any advice? I want to be able to copy and paste so I can use an other program to run a routine for linear or quadratic regression to make it easier to form smooth curves.
Whenever you have finished pasting the values into your table, close it out. When you reopen it it will look 'normal' without the symbols that you have shown in your picture.

At least that has how it has worked for me.

Quick Reply: LS2 Edit - It's out! Watch out HP Tuner & EFI Live!