Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help from a man named Parish megasquirt

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help from a man named Parish megasquirt

Was directed over here from efa forums and was told to ask for parish. Have some questions about the megasquirt unit, set up, tunning, software stuff. If this is not in the right area could someone please point me to the right place to put this thread.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

What kinda questions? I've got a couple of them running. Dieselgeek is another guy to send a shout to, he's very experienced, has dozens of them he's installed and are currently in-use.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're in the right spot, just post up your questions.. lol.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Was wondering what the learing curve is on one of the megasquirt set ups. The first thing I ever used to tune/work on my car with with the SMPT-6 and it was rather easy to deal with. I realize that there are a ton more things to be done with megasquirt but was wondering if it was a system that takes a lot of time learing each part or if kinda user friendly.

I will be trying it out on my SRT-4 this spring/summer time I think. I have to get a Ford EDIS system and then attach a 36-1 trigger wheel and sensor to the end of my crankshaft pulley if I am correct on things so far.

The srt-4 is my frist project car and also my daily driver. The next couple projects I will work on I think I will use the megasquirt if all goes well. Have plans for my 62' dodge dart and a twin turbo 40's diesel.

Reason I am on the efa forums and f-bodys in general is that yall seem to have a good bit of smarts and don't mind sharing/helping others even if at the moment they don't have a f-body. Gonna work on doing a ls-1 swap into maybe a 240 or AE86 at some point.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Teching In

well dang I just realized that parish is "Parish" from all the 1320 vids LOL and I take it Diesel is the guy that is working with him a lot on the tunning?

after searching for a bit sure am learning a good bit more allready