Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nasty (Dangerous) Surge

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Nasty (Dangerous) Surge

I forgot to connect the IAC or TPS sensor on the TB once had that problem, although idle only went to around 2000 rpm.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nasty (Dangerous) Surge

OK, got my LS1 into my 94Z28 project and started it this past weekend. The car is a complete rework of the 94 chassis -- entire drivetrain, wiring and even the guage cluster are from my 98 Formula. At this point, open headers with 18" pipes off the headers (keep O2 from contaminating sensors).

The car does now have a TR224 cam in it. It was stock before. Needless to say idle is a little low and rough. I'm new to the whole cam tuning thing, but I'm quicly learning (drill TB, set screw, etc.).

HERE IS THE PROBLEM. After getting the car idling barely decent, I decide to pull out of the garage and turn the car around in the street (her maiden voyage). The idle was a rough 500 +/- but I could control it. About 1-2 seconds after putting it into drive the IDLE RAISED TO ABOUT 2,500 TO 3,000 AND STAYED THERE! Like a stuck throttle cable, but that's unlikely since it raised on its own and I had not even touched the accelerator. From then on, everytime I put it into gear (fwd or rev) the same thing happened. Made it almost impossible to control just to move the car.

I am fighting a MAP problem (P0108 -- high voltage) and maybe that has an effect. I'll disconnect the MAP (force a P0107 -- low voltage) and see if that changes the circumstances.

Has anyone experienced a problem similar to the one noted above. Any insight?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Nasty (Dangerous) Surge

Front 02 sensor could be going bad? mine did that the other day then it through a light..good luck

<small>[ October 17, 2002, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: BrianLS1 ]</small>