PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can anyone help tell me what would cause a '98 to run this lean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: can anyone help tell me what would cause a '98 to run this lean?

Honestly, your car is fine. As long as LTerms are between -25 and +25 and are not setting any codes, then you are fine.
It is natural for LTerms to be off of zero. That is what they are there for: To correct fueling for changes in cars, atmospheric conditions, etc...

Being you have added a couple mods that allow the car to breath a little better, you may be a WEE BIT LEAN at the upper end, but nothing too serious. If you are really worried about it, slap the thing on a wideband.

Your LTerms are normal. Don't sweat it.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default can anyone help tell me what would cause a '98 to run this lean?

i've been ataping my car for a while since i plan on doing headers and cam this winter (see sig). basically i have a '98 formula with only a catback and lid. i know the '98 have the bigger injectors to start with.... so what could cause me to run this lean? my ltrims always average just over 8! i have never set any codes and don't get mcuh KR. yes i'm sure i'm calculating the right FTC and such. the below link is an excel sheet containing a recent run.

how do i correct this? that seems like a long way for a maft to adjust. should i replace injectors (even though none of them are bad and the '98 come with big injectors anyway)? could i have a problem with the fuel pump or something?

what could cause this and what should i look for to fix it?

thanks!

http://209.115.119.254/atap.xls