PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006 | 02:35 AM
11 Second Club

Are they still accepting trade ins for the OTHER company? Does EFI have any intentions for going tunershop friendly only?
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Some things are better to wait for then others. While I can't speak for the guys at EFILive, I would say that I think it should be out within the next couple months. Could be sooner then that, could be longer. With them releasing the pricing information and such for V2, I see LS2/LS7 support being right around the corner. We all have waited this long for it, why not wait a little longer and get the best. You will be very happy with the end result!

lots of talking w/out saying much

so there's not a release date yet for LS2 ??? I really want to buy something for my step-dad ..... and right now seems HPTune and LS2Edit both have something I can by

I haven't waited for anything, my step dad bought a C6 not real long ago, and now he wants to tune it.... I see a thread about the "Best tuning solution" and now its going to take the "next couple months" befour theyrs anything i can purchase?

sorry I don't mean to be a ***, but I really want to see my step-dads C6 get tuned, and when their are 2 companies that support LS2 tuning... I was hoping that the "Best" would be pretty close.... but several months sux for me (thow Il probably get the base package for my new car soon)
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
Are they still accepting trade ins for the OTHER company? Does EFI have any intentions for going tunershop friendly only?
No, that was a promotion that has since expired. With the new stream licensing, it is very individual/tunershop friendly IMO. What has been released so far is just the tip of the iceberg with EFILive and V2. There is a lot of new things to come as well as some awsome features that no other company has to offer.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 94white28
lots of talking w/out saying much

so there's not a release date yet for LS2 ??? I really want to buy something for my step-dad ..... and right now seems HPTune and LS2Edit both have something I can by

I haven't waited for anything, my step dad bought a C6 not real long ago, and now he wants to tune it.... I see a thread about the "Best tuning solution" and now its going to take the "next couple months" befour theyrs anything i can purchase?

sorry I don't mean to be a ***, but I really want to see my step-dads C6 get tuned, and when ther are already 2 companies that support LS2 tuning... I was hoping that the "Best" would be pretty close.... but several months sux for me
While I totally understand where you are coming from and have been in your situtation before. I once "bought" a package becuase it was available and didn't want to wait for the "other" one to become available. I quickly realized what was available right then may have not be the best. So after a long hard debate I sold the other package and purchased what I should have in the begining. I have found out a lot of things in this industry and one is the best isn't always what is available first. If that was the case everyone would still be buying LS1Edit....
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:51 AM
Teching In

thanks for the reply

I'm just at a loss right now.... I guess if I knew what EFI Live was going to charge for LS2 tuning then that wood probably help? several months is a long time to wait!!! especially since bi then the competition will make changes too.

I would like to buy something for my step dad soon (his birthday is March 11) ... can I proorder ls2 support before then? that'd be really cool

And what cable would I need for LS2? my best friend has one of the current cables (with black box logging) and it's great cause its not to big, would I need to purchase one of the current cables and then pay 399 to get the ls2 cable? (the v2 thing?) or will there be a cheaper option for those of us that cant afford 399? (I don't need the abilty to flash w/out a laptop, my friend has a laptop) ugh Im confused

I guess what I need to now is can i use one of the existing cables and get a license for LS2s ( I have 2 friends with wfi live, so I could jst add a license to their cable, but would like to now the price before adding) or do i need a V2 cable? and if i do need one, then that means i need to pay to upgrade?

Last edited by 94white28; 02-11-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2006 | 02:58 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the reply

I'm just at a loss right now.... I guess if I knew what EFI Live was going to charge for LS2 tuning then that wood probably help? several months is a long time to wait!!! especially since bi then the competition will make changes too.

I would like to buy something for my step dad soon (his birthday is March 11) ... can I proorder ls2 support before then? that'd be really cool
Anytime. You might want to post that question on the EFILive forum. There you will get a better answer to your question as I honestly don't know. The main thing with Live is the user community. Just browse around the forum while you are there and you will see what I mean. Best of luck to you in your purchase.

Old 02-11-2006 | 02:59 AM
11 Second Club

No, that was a promotion that has since expired. With the new stream licensing, it is very individual/tunershop friendly IMO. What has been released so far is just the tip of the iceberg with EFILive and V2. There is a lot of new things to come as well as some awsome features that no other company has to offer.
Hmm, well that sucks, I'm not very happy with the changes being made, but I don't have a reason to have both. Nor the money for both.
Old 02-11-2006 | 05:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaWs6
Hmm, well that sucks, I'm not very happy with the changes being made, but I don't have a reason to have both. Nor the money for both.
?????
Old 02-11-2006 | 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

thanks for the reply

http://store.efilive.com/overview_flash2.aspx

scroll down to the pricing section. Since you need the ls2 support, your best bet would be to wait for the V2 interface to be released, then buy EFILive.

Keep in mind, one of the many reasons EFILive is the best, is because they will not release a product to the public until it's right. Not many companies adhear to this level of quality control.
Old 02-14-2006 | 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Hadn't seen too much talk about EFILive's Scan Tool lately. The following is from the "which is best sticky":
Originally Posted by horist
Yea Yea ... so which Scanning only solution is the best?

OK... this is one question that actually does have an answer...

for scanning only standard OBDII Parameters the Proscan is a very affordable package.

Autotap is a step up since it reads the advanced parameters (KR for example)

OBD-2 by alex pepper is another option

the GM Tech II also features scanning capabilities

EFI Live scanner is the best of these.
Old 02-14-2006 | 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Hadn't seen too much talk about EFILive's Scan Tool lately.
And it deserves credit. Once I figured it out, I love it. Connects superfast, easy to setup, customizable dashboards for different vehicles, bi-directional controls including crank relearn, freeze frame by frame, averaging of those frames, blackbox logging and the list goes on. The only thing missing is the ability to record audio simultaneously while logging so you can play both of them back together . Would be nice for idle tuning
Old 02-14-2006 | 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

And the Scan Tool log chart cursor links into the Tune Tool tables
(i.e. it highlights cells in the tables that correspond to the cursor in the logged data).

Old 02-15-2006 | 05:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by joecar
And the Scan Tool log chart cursor links into the Tune Tool tables
(i.e. it highlights cells in the tables that correspond to the cursor in the logged data).

Very slick feature. Very handy when you come into a problematic area of your tune. Just highlight that area from the chart view, then look at your tune and everything you need to see is highlighted.
Old 02-16-2006 | 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

"Why EFI Flashscan is the best tuning software"

Because I use it....
Old 02-16-2006 | 07:51 AM
Jax
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blackbird
98 2 bar ???????
Any answer to the dreaded 98 2 bar question?

josh
Old 02-16-2006 | 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Just want to add one more comment regarding customer service for EFILive....

It is excellent. Paul @ EFILive was very responsive to emails (although I admit it would have been easier to explain the problem via phone) when I had trouble getting flashscan to recognize my registration information. I am very pleased with the functionality of the program....
Old 02-16-2006 | 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by majin
Any answer to the dreaded 98 2 bar question?

josh

I believe that question has been answered in a much earlier post. At the moment, you can run 2 bar on a 98 pcm, but not with a custom OS.
Old 02-16-2006 | 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

If anyone hasn't seen this already, take a look at this (scan/tune cursor linking)...
Attached Thumbnails Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution-linked-scan.jpg   Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution-linked-tune.jpg  
Old 02-16-2006 | 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I will add to this as well. In addition to the runaway highlighting, you can select an area on the chart and highlight it. In the tuner you will see that area highlighted as well. Makes for easy tuning.
Attached Thumbnails Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution-tuner.jpg   Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution-scanner.jpg  
Old 02-16-2006 | 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

I will add to this as well. In addition to the runaway highlighting, you can select an area on the chart and highlight it. In the tuner you will see that area highlighted as well. Makes for easy tuning.
You couldnt tune a school bus much less a LS1

I had to man

Quick Reply: Official: Why EFILive is the BEST Tuning Solution