Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with in on Beru Hotwires & plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with in on Beru Hotwires & plugs

Does anybody have info about the Beru Hotwires? I read that each wire had it's own capacitor and ground wire. This is suppose to store extra charge in the wire. Is this beneficial or not? What about the Beru plugs? This setup sells for $370. I am wondering if it is worth it. They claim it works like the CD ignition box.

art
Old 11-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Oz Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help with in on Beru Hotwires & plugs

It is sh*t, i had them on my car, for a one year then started to get a misfire, thought nothing of it at the time, till my mate has the same hotwires as me.
My mate replace the spark leads as the problem when away, think of what hew said, had me think the same, i remove my hotwires and replace with near new OEM leads.
The problem was gone straight away.
Been a Electrician i decide to check the resistance, and to found the resistance so high, like 120K ohms when check with the OEM that was .300k ohms, this lead was stuffed.

So i decided to cut open the wire and see what was on the inside, i was in for a joke, the electrical strap that suppose to earth off the lead, so the capacitor to work is bullsh*t.!!
The electrical leads, NO connector to a capacitor at all it was just wrap around the outer casing of the lead and heat wrap with the colour been red, the inner case was just like a normal spark lead.
There was no sign of a capacitor within this design of lead, not worth your money at all.
It is all bullsh*t to me now, after seeing what on the inside.

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: SIKLS1 ]</small>