Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live basics here

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI live basics here

I am new to the tuning game. I just picked up a used copy of EFI Live v.5. I understand the software is free upgrades for life...does that include used copies? Also, Can some one point me to which sort of cable I'll need? Finally, I am tring to load the software onto my laptop but it's pretty old, running Windows 98, Pentium 2. I threw in some more memory for good measure but the software will not load. Are there issues with running this on windows 98?
Old 02-04-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

contact EFI Live....and if you BOUGHT just the software, get your money back, because you can just download it from their website....http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

How much did you pay for that? Sorry you got fucked.

Adrian
Old 02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by dyers98
I am new to the tuning game. I just picked up a used copy of EFI Live v.5. I understand the software is free upgrades for life...does that include used copies? Also, Can some one point me to which sort of cable I'll need? Finally, I am tring to load the software onto my laptop but it's pretty old, running Windows 98, Pentium 2. I threw in some more memory for good measure but the software will not load. Are there issues with running this on windows 98?
The EFILive software is free, so if you paid for just the software, please let me (paul@efilive.com) know who sold it to you so we can take action against the seller.
Note: The EFILive Terms and Conditions state that third parties offering EFILive's software for redistribution may charge a small fee to cover media costs. (i.e. less than $10)

If you purchased an EFILive V5 or V6 Scan Tool License along with the matching AutoTap cable then that is ok*. However, if the particular EFILive license has already been used to upgrade to EFILive FlashScan Personal, then the seller is is in breach of EFILive's Terms and Conditions. Again please contact me with the seller's details.

* If you have made a legitimate second hand purcahse then, yes you are eligible for free updates for life - just download the software from our web site.

The software is officially only supported on a P4. However, it should (but is not guaranteed to) run on a machine such as the one you described.
You could try downloading our latest version - see link below in my sig.

Regards
Paul
Old 02-04-2006, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Let me clarify...the software I have is not bought, it was thown in on a deal along with a car I bought. I do not have the "cable" or license. Is this worthless? I didn't pay anything for the software so easy with the getting Fucked thing there Adrian (it's nice to see you concerned thought) Anyways, I have programing experiance but don't know much about the software? I was hoping to be able to buy a cable and go at it but it sounds lke that's not the case. If I buy a new copy, does it come with a specific cable and license?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyers98
Let me clarify...the software I have is not bought, it was thown in on a deal along with a car I bought. I do not have the "cable" or license. Is this worthless? I didn't pay anything for the software so easy with the getting Fucked thing there Adrian (it's nice to see you concerned thought) Anyways, I have programing experiance but don't know much about the software? I was hoping to be able to buy a cable and go at it but it sounds lke that's not the case. If I buy a new copy, does it come with a specific cable and license?
Yes, what you have is unfortunately not worth anything. You will need to purchase the cable from EFI Live. That will include 2 PCM Licenses so you can tune any car that is supported. The nice thing is you won't have to use those licenses as you have a 98'. 98's are UNLIMITED. You may tune as many as you wish for FREE with EFI Live.

www.efilive.com
Old 02-05-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry if I offended you on that one, didn't mean to, i just get mad when people rip other people off...but glad to hear that you didn't!

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

I'm not offended Adrian, It just sounds alittle smug, Thanks for the reply though, I'm going to get ahold of the guy and see if he has any of the required supplies. Thank you for the feedback I may just get a new copy license, sounds like it's quite a bit easier.

Thanks Again Guys