Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners: Announcing Upgrade Credits!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 08:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gameover
After 4 x 2005 C6 single vehicles you will have 12 upgrade credits (4+4+4+4 x 75%) for that year/model, you will be prompted to license the Year/Model at 8 credits ($399) on the next vehicle.

After 5 it will be 15 upgrade credits, you will be prompted to license the Year/Model at 5 credits ($249) on the next vehicle. Probably best to upgrade to the year/model at this point.

After 6 it will be 18 upgrade credits, you will be prompted to license the Year/Model at 2 credits ($99) on the next vehicle. You would be crazy not to choose they year/model option at this point

The selection of the year/model is not automatic, at every unlicensed vehicle you will be prompted and must select the year/model when it makes sense for you, obviously the sooner you select it the more risk you take but the more you save. Once you select the year/model the license screen will no longer appear as every vehicle of that year/model will be licensed.

Hope that helps,

Chris....
NICE...i thought this was only for the old licenses...this is like icing on the cake now hehe I might actually be able to tune ls2's now thanks guys
Old 02-07-2006, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thing that you guys may not have noticed, is that if we ever change the number of credits for a year/model or tunershop package your number of upgrade credits doesn't change because they are based on the number of credits used at the time of licensing.

eg. say you had worked up 6 upgrade credits for year/model X (that normally cost 10 credits) over some period of time. Then we dropped the year/model X price to 6 credits, you would get a free upgrade

Chris...
Old 02-07-2006, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

So with that, if I have purchased LS2 support @ 20 credits, and you change it to 15 later on I get 5 credit retro??? This credit stuff is crazy, I understand why you would do it from your perspective, but it is very confusing for most people.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Another thing that you guys may not have noticed, is that if we ever change the number of credits for a year/model or tunershop package your number of upgrade credits doesn't change because they are based on the number of credits used at the time of licensing.

eg. say you had worked up 6 upgrade credits for year/model X (that normally cost 10 credits) over some period of time. Then we dropped the year/model X price to 6 credits, you would get a free upgrade

Chris...
Sure wish you would of done this when you dropped the prices on the old way. 75% of the total amount I've sent your company is still more than the $4000 you were charging for all V8 cars and I'm not licensed for all V8 cars. I'm not complaining as I've come to accept the fact that that's just the way it is. Just pointing that out.

Last edited by 2xLS1; 02-07-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Lightbulb

Chris...

So "maybe" in 1 year or so, the price/credit requirements might be lower.

Very Nice!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you guys are still having confusion understanding the credit system, please check out our credit FAQ. It has a LOT of information.

If after reading the credit faq page and you have a question that was unanswered, please let us know in detail what your question is and we can try to work it into the credit faq page so others who have the same question won't be so confused.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
11 Second Club

I 've read it, and I do understand, (i think) but it is very confusing. I had to re-read it several times.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Carl, feel free to e-mail me if you like..

If you have any suggestions on how we can make it more clear, or let us know what parts were confusing, we'd love to make changes to help clarify.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

clear to me.

purchase single licenses for same year. say 2 at 4 credits each. total 8

credits. multiple that by .75 = 6 credits ( for upgrading). so next time you go

to purchase a credit for that year you will be prompted to use these upgrade

credits towards a full year license or purchase another single. so a full year =

20 credits. you will subtract 20-6= 14 credits you have to pay for the full

year license. so each time you buy singles you get money off of the full year

license. win - win situation. is that a little clearer?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
clear to me.

purchase single licenses for same year. say 2 at 4 credits each. total 8

credits. multiple that by .75 = 6 credits ( for upgrading). so next time you go

to purchase a credit for that year you will be prompted to use these upgrade

credits towards a full year license or purchase another single. so a full year =

20 credits. you will subtract 20-6= 14 credits you have to pay for the full

year license. so each time you buy singles you get money off of the full year

license. win - win situation. is that a little clearer?
just a note, you don't have to do these calculations yourself the software does them for you and presents the reduced number of credits required to license.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:41 AM
Teching In

wtf.. why didn't I notice this earlier???? wow... this seems pretty cool.... a lil confusing at first , but sounds like the more single VINs you purchase the more you get towards an unlimited ?

Definetly somethiung I'd like..... I bought a 99 camaro 2 months ago ... still workin on it (it wasn't "mint") I only need to tune (well my step dad who knows alot about tuning) this one car.... so nice to see the per vehicle option .... no my big bro.... he's a genious in regards to tuning ... he tunes tons of cars.. so this new credit thing works for both of us

I had posted in a thread about some other software, but my question wsn't answered... instead i got a generic "canned seeming to me" answer here....
Old 02-09-2006, 03:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes, you can apply your payments for just about any license you use through us toward some sort of license upgrade.

The credit system FAQ is located here:
http://www.hptuners.com/credit_faq.html

If you can think of anything that should be clarified in there, or added to help understanding, we'd love to hear about it so we can make the changes.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT for the Industry leader
Old 02-12-2006, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Everything looks good with this new credit system. However, I am still confused why to place a new order for all Gen 3 V8 cars it is $3500 while to upgrade an exhisting order for all Gen 3 cars is $3999. What is the difference between the two?
Old 02-12-2006, 01:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

When you place a new order, you are also ordering a new interface + 8 credits (which is $499 or $649 depending on the interface), and thus the price is the same.